PDA

View Full Version : Vestibular neuritis

Js2019
05-04-19, 13:41
Hello all,
I was diagnosed with severe vestibulitis after a double ear infection left me with terrible balance problems. After a CT scan and MRI of my brain to rule out anything scary (both totally normal although I have cysts in my sinuses) they concluded I had a very severe case of vestibular neuritis. I have been using a scopolamine patch with pretty good results. My balance was great for about 4 weeks and now it’s bad again and it’s giving me panic attacks at work. Has anyone every heard of residual effects from vestibulitis or why my balance is bad again?

jray23
05-04-19, 17:10
Ugh! Sorry to hear this. I did not have vestibular neuritis but I thought I did for several months last year. Instead I have (maybe) vestibular migraines and/or an eye misalignment which cause my issues, symptoms of which are basically the same and I am pretty familiar with VN still from all the reading about it and message boards etc. There can definitely be setbacks. Your vestibular system has to compensate and sometimes it will de-compensate for a number of possible reasons. It's usually not a linear progression of healing, which of course must be really difficult to handle mentally..

Knowing that you have VN, I definitely recommend trying VRT that I talked about in your other post, if you haven't yet.

Hang in there. It WILL get better eventually.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk