PDA

View Full Version : Really scared!!

redmysterygurl
05-04-19, 22:30
For the past two weeks I have been dealing with pain in my head, hands, feet, neck, back and legs, stomach. Fatigue, low grade fever, acid reflux, sweating, vomiting, lost appetite, break out rash/itch...You name it basically. Been to the doc several times and besides slight low potassium and low lymphocytes (which he wasn't worried about in the least.) Blood work was okay. He said possible virus. My health anxiety is through the roof!! I have entertained every bad scenario and then some. Scared out of my mind!!

nomorepanic
05-04-19, 23:26
or it could just be a virus

redmysterygurl
05-04-19, 23:34
This is what I've been telling myself over and over. My dad died from Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma at 37. I'm 31 and anytime I get sick and can't seem to get well I freak out!! Health anxiety is a b****

nomorepanic
05-04-19, 23:37
It would be picked up in blood tests though so I am sure you will be fine.

Yourboymj99
06-04-19, 19:05
Sounds like a virus coupled with some physical affects of your anxiety. Doesn't sound like your doctor was concerned and you shouldn't be either. Get some rest and try to relax. Anxiety will make it harder for your body to heal up.

Take care

redmysterygurl
06-04-19, 21:15
I know low lymphocytes can be from lymphoma so that's what set off my HA with all these symptoms.

Hypo84
06-04-19, 22:05
You probably saw that on Google. Low lymphocytes are usually caused by some virus, like influenza and similar ones. Your symptoms match the virus. Relax.

redmysterygurl
06-04-19, 22:46
My influenza test was negative. My dad died from Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma when I was 12 and I'm 31 now (He was 37) My HA always makes me fear some kind of cancer. I've lost my appetite and a lot of weight so I'm just nervous. Didn't think a virus could last almost 3 weeks.

redmysterygurl
08-04-19, 23:27
Just had a bunch of blood work done, there was a lymph node in my groin that was slightly up but the doctor wasn't concerned even with all these symptoms. I am so terrified!!!!

nomorepanic
08-04-19, 23:52
Why are you terrified if the doctor said all is ok?

redmysterygurl
09-04-19, 02:56
Because I've read that with lymphoma sometimes it doesn't show up in bloodwork and he doesn't want to check the lymph node which is the only way to see if that is the problem. I soaked my shirt with night sweats last night my hands and feet are itching and I have a constant low grade fever with pain throughout my body for a little over 3 weeks!