PDA

View Full Version : Rash on face around mouth

itiswhatitis
06-04-19, 12:25
A few days ago my face started burning a bit, and yesterday, skin around my mouth has become very dry, to the point it looks scaly and it's a bit painful to open my mouth.
I put it down to the fact that a few days ago, I wore lipstick, and then removed it quickly with a brand of wipes that had given me similar reactions in the past - I haven't used it for a few years since it last made my face burn for a few days, and I stupidly used it because I thought "I'm only gonna remove lipstick" (In the past, I don't think my skin became THIS bad though)
Now I'm just anxious in case you know.. I start having a bad allergic reaction and I can't breathe etc.. also noticed after getting out of the shower that my forhead looked red. I don't know if thats new or I just didn't notice it the last few days..
Does my skin burning a bit and getting super dry/flaky seem normal for what I *think* is contact dermatitis? I can't go to the doctor until Monday and tomorrow I'm attending a wedding and look such a mess :sad: It looks like I have some kind of disease around my mouth.

itiswhatitis
06-04-19, 12:29
I just found this old post by me I guess from the last time I had this kind of reaction: https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?195594-Burning-lip-face

I'm sure I had used the wipes I used the other day around that time too (that is around the time I stopped using them on my face and I haven't had any really severe burning and stuff since)

Anyone have any experience with contact dermatitis? How can I control the burning, and is there anything I can do to make myself less unsightly?