PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

happybunny13
06-04-19, 18:24
I just wanted to get this out of my head and see if anyone can give me support to get passed this. I am attending a weightloss group but im struggling to not ascociate weight loss with cancer. Im worried of losing too much weight a week as it makes me panic that this is a sign i have a hidden cancer. Now i know in my mind i dont. I dont have any symptoms and i am eating less so i am going to lose weight. When i get weighed and they say oh uve lost 4lb im happy but my head says oh hold on that could be a sign. Has anyone got any words of wisdom otlr advice. This will probly pass and go into to something else as anxiety does but for now this is holding me back

Fishmanpa
06-04-19, 19:10
Has anyone got any words of wisdom or advice.

I am attending a weight loss group..... Now i know in my mind i dont. I dont have any symptoms and i am eating less so i am going to lose weight.

The best advice is the advice you give yourself.

Positive thoughts

happybunny13
06-04-19, 19:14
Thank you for your really
Seeking reassurance is a weakness in anxiety. What i say to myself to reassure myself makes sense but with anxiety i still feel i need that other person to say it aswell for it to be true

ankietyjoe
06-04-19, 19:56
Yeah it's a weird one. If you're actively trying to lose weight and succeeding, it's one of those answers you have to find internally. Just keep telling yourself you know why you're losing weight.

And don't google......

And don't 'what if'.......

happybunny13
06-04-19, 20:35
Yea googling is a nightmare. I am resisting. I feel like giving up as i keep telling myself i am not mentally ready. But i dont want anxiety to win. I will push on and try and remain positive. It is so hard. Being overweight doesnt help my health anxiety and i know obesity can lead to illnesses but then im started of losing weight! its like when i used to smoke but feared having a heart attack. None of it makes sense lol

nomorepanic
06-04-19, 20:42
What you have to remember is that it is "unexplained weight loss". Yours has a reason and a very good explanation.

Fishmanpa
06-04-19, 21:58
What you have to remember is that it is "unexplained weight loss". Yours has a reason and a very good explanation.

Not only that but intentional ;)

Positive thoughts

happybunny13
06-04-19, 22:14
Thank you for your wise words they help alot

Brian_VA
07-04-19, 03:03
I have this problem as well. Your not alone

happybunny13
07-04-19, 10:22
Its nice to know im not alone but im sorry you are going through a tough time.