PDA

View Full Version : Non-heartbeat, irregular pulse on temple?

heavyweightworrier
07-04-19, 16:16
Hi, for the last couple of days I’ve had an irregular pulsing sensation on my left temple on and off, coming and going. I’ve felt my actual pulse, heartbeat, on it before which I’ve heard is normal but this one is irregular and varies slightly in place and pressure. Any idea what this could be? Thinking of seeing a doctor but not sure if they would do any tests and if so, if I could even afford it. Therefore any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has had something like this before. Thank you!

RadioGaGa
07-04-19, 16:46
You don't say age or anything so it's hard to really advise.

It could be anxiety making you "hyper-focus" and interpret your pulse as being irregular, when in fact its not. Having had Atrial Fibrillation myself, I would say there's no mistaking it. Although many people can be in it without being aware of it.

See your doctor and they can decide what needs to be done

heavyweightworrier
07-04-19, 17:40
You don't say age or anything so it's hard to really advise.

It could be anxiety making you "hyper-focus" and interpret your pulse as being irregular, when in fact its not. Having had Atrial Fibrillation myself, I would say there's no mistaking it. Although many people can be in it without being aware of it.

See your doctor and they can decide what needs to be done

Thank you, I’ll go to the doctors tomorrow. I’m 21 going on 22, by the way. Currently mostly scared of temporal arteritis although there’s only been one instance of actual pain on the temple (it’s more like an almost constant pressure along with a slight overall headache throughout yesterday, no headache today yet) and even that went away in a second but it’s hard to calm down when you’re worried it might be something so serious.

ankietyjoe
07-04-19, 18:25
Thank you, I’ll go to the doctors tomorrow. I’m 21 going on 22, by the way. Currently mostly scared of temporal arteritis although there’s only been one instance of actual pain on the temple (it’s more like an almost constant pressure along with a slight overall headache throughout yesterday, no headache today yet) and even that went away in a second but it’s hard to calm down when you’re worried it might be something so serious.

How do you even know what that is?!

You have a twitch, ignore it and it'll go away.