PDA

View Full Version : Strange symptoms freaking me out

Rey1989
07-04-19, 17:22
Hello everyone,

For 3 days now I’ve had a very strange set of symptoms that are worrisome to me.

-Strange feeling in my hands and feet. They feel like they are slightly swollen, but its more a sensation of tightness (particularly in my hands). Also, the palm of my hands are very red, and feel warm. When I stretch my hand open it goes white and just feels tight. Hard to describe, its similar to what happens sometimes when you do cardio workout and your hands swell up a bit, but without cardio and is there constantly (4 days now)
-I’m also light headed and feel out of it, lethargic and sleepy.
-Ive also had a mild to moderate headache at the front and back of my head, that does not go away even with tylenol or ibuprofen (i have no history of migranes ever)

I’ve also had some gastro symptoms such as extreme bloating and pain, irregular BM (can go several days without).

So as you can see there’s a combination of symptoms that are driving me crazy. They just came suddenly and the one that really worries me is the one related to my hand sweeling and feet swelling. I’m afraid this could be related to high blood pressure or something worse.

On a side note, a few months ago I had an appt at the cardiologist and my blood pressure was on point, but prior to that (when I was overweight) I had a period of time were it was above normal.

Has anybody else had something similar? Any possible causes? Any comment will be much appreciated

Rey

KK77
07-04-19, 18:00
The default answer on an anxiety forum is to say it's all related to anxiety but you do also sound run down. Get checked out by all means, since you say you've had high BP in the past, but, honestly, NOTHING you say sounds at all sinister, serious or overly concerning to me.

Rey1989
07-04-19, 21:32
The default answer on an anxiety forum is to say it's all related to anxiety but you do also sound run down. Get checked out by all means, since you say you've had high BP in the past, but, honestly, NOTHING you say sounds at all sinister, serious or overly concerning to me.

Thanks for your answer. Im gonna wait a few more days before booking an appt. I’m hoping that with time its gonna go back to normal.

It’s been very stressful, just started a new job, while keeping the old one PT, so i feel like im burning out. Perhaps this is all related to this? Who knows...

Rey

nomorepanic
08-04-19, 14:48
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Rey1989
09-04-19, 13:46
Would high blood pressure present itself with the symptoms I described above? Mine was never “that high” i think the worse it was was around 145/90 and that was panicking since im petrified of having it measured.

I have like a pressure headache, and puffy/swollen feet/hands. Don’t know what to think of it. I feel hot all the time...

Rey

Fishmanpa
09-04-19, 14:22
While there can be physical symptoms of high BP, the vast majority of the time there are no symptoms. Besides, one reading that is borderline does not constitute a high BP issue.

Positive thoughts

Rey1989
09-04-19, 17:09
Thanks Fishmanpa.

I wouldn’t think that even if it was slightly higher I’d be getting symptoms. But you never know.

Rey