PDA

View Full Version : introduction

kes
09-09-07, 19:03
Hi All, I am very new to threads and chat rooms so please excuse me. I have suffered post natal anxiety and depression following the birth of both my children now age 3 and 6. Since the birth of my last son 5 months ago I had a very traumatic birth and heamorraghed badly. My anxiety and panic attacks are at an all time high. I have a good psychiatrist however I struggle with meds as i am afraid of side effects and them harming me (more panic attacks) :weep: .

I have tried citalopram with side effects and was discontinued from them. I am now on mirtazipine 30mgs that worked beautifully for 3 weeks. Now 8 weeks on , the panic attacks and irrational fear has returned and I feel so low again. I am also recieving cbt with some benefit.

I am so scared that I am a difficult to treat patient. I do not want to be like this for ever as my feelings are so frightening. Can anyone suggest where I go from here. Thanks in anticipation.

belle
09-09-07, 19:25
Hi and welcome.

I can assure you that you're not a "difficult" patient. Everyone's illness has to be treated to what their needs are.

I'm sure you will receive all the advice and support you want :)

x

kes
09-09-07, 20:59
thanks. I just wonder how sufferers like myself get some reliefe from anxiety and panic attacks especialy when i worry about me and the kids so much. x :weep:

Panic1971
09-09-07, 21:29
Hi Kes

I am looking for that answer too. I am a mother to 2 girls and I find it so hard.

You will find some great support on this site though.

Take care x

manmoor
10-09-07, 00:21
Hi Kes,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

kes
10-09-07, 09:41
Ann thank u for your reply. How do u manage with panic and anxiety with children, my little boy has demonstrated some degree of anxiety. x

Best Wishes

Kerri

ladygrom
10-09-07, 09:49
hi i am on citolopram for anxiety mine started in my pregnancy 13 years ago then igot better and now have it again it just proves you do get better .its a horrible thing to suffer you are not alone .my symtons are hard to explain its frightining.i have just started to relise no harm as cum to me with it .i feel floaty and it feels like im walking on air and unbalanced .i no how difficult it is wen your kids are little its very hard you will get better youl have lots of support on this site tc elaine

kes
10-09-07, 09:53
I often feel distant alone with a strange floating feeling which often leads to a panic attack. Most days I feel as something will happen to me or the kids and these fears are what I struggle so much with.

XXXXX

ladygrom
10-09-07, 10:10
its not nice i was checking my kids 24 7 worrying all the while things do get better honestly wat meds you take .the floaty feelings and feeling as tho the pavemt not solid wen i no it is and spaced out as tho things arnt real its as tho your in a bubble you cant get out its scary we will all get through it but it takes time tc elainex

kes
10-09-07, 10:32
thanks

I am on mirtazipine 30mgs (lispin). my occupational therapist who sees me says this feeling is common and calls it depersonalisation when you feel that you are :weep: not in your body, sounds scary i know but i think it means a distant feeling. As your body gets used to the meds and ur anxiety falls this feeling goes away. For me though the tablets were great for the first 3 weeks and the effects have worn off. This worries me as i would love to know what antidepressants work best for severe panic disorder.

kerri xxxx

trac67
10-09-07, 10:46
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

kes
10-09-07, 10:52
:) thanks trac. x

Southern_Belle
10-09-07, 15:20
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. I never had PND but I constantly worried about my children when they were little, still do actually, but not as bad. I too eventually went on meds, they will help. There are many here who feel exactly like you do and you will get support.

Hugs,

Laura

Panic1971
10-09-07, 15:36
Hi Kerri

I have just sent you a PM.

Hope you are feeling okay.

nomorepanic
10-09-07, 19:16
Hi Kes

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

kes
10-09-07, 20:15
i feel pretty bad this pm I have not been able to stop crying and I am shaking with fear and irrational thoughts. how do you calm down when you feel so awfull.

Any Help I Do Feel Terrible.

Kerri:weep: :weep: :weep:

Nibbles
10-09-07, 22:07
Hi Kes and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Have you tried distracting yourself when feeling bad so your thoughts aren't focused on the panic, which makes it escalate?

Take care,

Mike :)

kes
10-09-07, 22:15
Thanks mike i will try hard, i am tired at the mo and its so draining all the effort and emotion you have to put in to be distracted, we all have to try a lot harder than non sufferers. I fight this every day and its getting tough.

kerri. x

ladygrom
11-09-07, 12:40
hi kes i find citroplam works 4 me i have got same as you and ii have a feeling of unrealioty and floaty and unbalanced and wen walking its as tho the payments moving .as tho i walking on air horrible feeling had it 13 years ago and its cum back .i no how you feel its so scary you will get better it takes time im gettin ther slowly tc elaine

groovygranny
12-09-07, 21:54
Hello Kes :welcome:to you!

It's hard facing this every day isn't it? But don't give up, you're in the right place to receive help, support and understanding from people who relate to where you are at the moment.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers: