PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else struggle to admit they have anxiety?

KrankerMann
09-04-19, 08:40
For years now I've grappled with the thought of "what if I'm not really anxious and all my symptoms, thoughts etc are real". For some reason I just cannot accept in my head that I am an anxious person. I feel like I need a way to prove it to myself but I'm not sure how. I think I sometimes feel anxious but I also think it goes deeper than that. It's so hard, perhaps even impossible, for me to accept that anxiety can cause all my symptoms because I don't even know for sure if I have anxiety. I've never been formally diagnosed, doctors have just said in passing "sounds like anxiety" or something along those lines.

Sometimes I feel like I'm slipping into depression. There are days where life is good and I'm happy to be experiencing it, but others where I just feel empty, numb and bored. Bored of thinking I have every disease under the sun. Its been a rough ride lately.

nomorepanic
09-04-19, 09:36
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239