PDA

View Full Version : Bronchitis

fruity
10-04-19, 09:35
I know my thread will probably be moved to my main threads but it’s getting me down. I’ve got bronchitis. And I’m so weak I can’t hardly do the school run. I’ve had to take time off work. But coming back from school run not long back. I was so out off breath and realy weak. I’ve been realy weak for 3-4 months now. Was told had viral infection. Now told bronchitis and got antibiotics. Anyone had it and what is it or what was it like for you.

Scass
10-04-19, 10:49
Yes, and you need to rest. Are you still taking your antibiotics?

fruity
10-04-19, 11:11
Yes my third day. Feel miserable

RadioGaGa
10-04-19, 11:52
Fruity,

I have asthma and I'm (almost) guaranteed a bout of bronchitis during the winter. It's unpleasant and can certainly drain you. Unfortunately, there isn't much to be done apart from the usual rest/plenty of fluids/abx if bacterial suspected etc.

However, I do see you've had quite an "extensive" post history on here - are you taking any measures to deal with your anxiety?

Good luck

fruity
10-04-19, 15:06
To be fair my anxiety only pipes up when I’m ill nowadays.

fruity
11-04-19, 20:55
I’m still so weak and drained fatigued

BrokenGirl
11-04-19, 23:52
My daughter had it 2 years ago, right over christmas.
She was weak, very tired, no appetite at all and quite miserable.
I'm not saying this to scare you, but rather to let you know that it's what bronchitis is so how you are feeling is normal for someone with bronchitis.
Get as much rest and fluids as is possible for you - I know this can be hard as life around you has to go on.
Try to eat little bits and make sure it's good healthy wholesome food if you can.
It takes a bit of time to fully recover from it but you will get there - this will pass....
Take care...

fruity
12-04-19, 11:27
Brokengirl. Thank you. Your words mean a lot. And I do feel realy miserable it’s gettin me down

fruity
12-04-19, 12:22
I have a bit of yellowing of the skin my face mainly. I have had before when being ill but it’s scary

Scass
12-04-19, 18:23
Being ill is scary when you have anxiety. You’ll be better soon, but if you still feel the same after your antibiotics course has finished then maybe you should go back.

fruity
12-04-19, 22:01
I’m so weak everywhere. Can’t hardly walk with how weak I am and drained. I ain’t been able to go out cuz how I feel had time off work. Doc said it’s my bronchitis. And my face is yellow

fruity
13-04-19, 13:17
Anyone else.

ankietyjoe
13-04-19, 13:30
Anyone else.

Anyone else what?

Your Doctor has told you it's bronchitis, which explains the way you're feeling. It can take weeks to recover, just rest. You'll get better eventually, but it can take weeks, not days.

Rest!

fruity
14-04-19, 23:05
Bronchitis and fatigue that is.

nomorepanic
14-04-19, 23:15
why can you not post on this thread?

nomorepanic
14-04-19, 23:15
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

fruity
15-04-19, 12:04
Im still fatigued it’s been 3-4 months. I’m frightened.

fruity
15-04-19, 16:51
It’s making me feel so I’ll

nomorepanic
15-04-19, 17:02
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

KK77
15-04-19, 18:18
You've had a chest infection so not surprised you feel so crap. It will take time to fully recover.

But you need help with your HA because it's making the situation 10 times worse. You obviously feel you're terribly ill when in fact that simply isn't the case.

Scass
15-04-19, 19:19
You've had a chest infection so not surprised you feel so crap. It will take time to fully recover.

But you need help with your HA because it's making the situation 10 times worse. You obviously feel you're terribly ill when in fact that simply isn't the case.

This.

fruity
16-04-19, 11:25
I’ve been fatigued for 3-4 months I’m petrified.

BlueIris
16-04-19, 11:28
Y'know, being constantly frightened is actually really exhausting.

KK77
16-04-19, 11:29
I've been fatigued 3-4 years. How should I be feeling?

What is it you're so petrified of?

fruity
16-04-19, 18:02
Well I’m weak fatigued and I’m yellow n feeling nauseous

nomorepanic
16-04-19, 18:08
You are yellow?

Scass
16-04-19, 18:42
Did you tell your doctor you’re yellow?
What are you managing to do every day? Are you resting/working/going for a jog?

suemarieee
16-04-19, 19:19
I have bronchitis and health anxiety too. also been signed off work and well and truly fed up. I am so sick of coughing and feeling so exhausted. it's like having the flu! I've just started antibiotics and really hope it helps get rid of it. I would go back to the docs about being yellow as this can be a side effect of anantibiotics x

LouiseAndy
16-04-19, 23:26
My Mam has gotten a bad dose of bronchitis every year for like the past six/seven years. It's runs her down for nearly 8-10 weeks. Sometimes she has to go back for three of four doctors visits before it shifts! Even at that it's because of us pushing her, she likes to think she can fight off most things herself! Sometimes it's been worse then others but she's still here! I know from watching her and helping her it can be alot to deal with. Just know it might take you a lil while to come around but she's gets there!

fruity
19-04-19, 18:44
I keep being sick now. I’m craving oranges or anything orange. Is it antibiotics, I did finish them Sunday though and I’m still weak. I go all hot and feel ever so sick

Scass
19-04-19, 19:43
I keep being sick now. I’m craving oranges or anything orange. Is it antibiotics, I did finish them Sunday though and I’m still weak. I go all hot and feel ever so sick

Probably no the antibiotics, but maybe you’ve picked up a bug?

When you say you’re ever so weak, can I ask for an explanation? Can you make it to the toilet, can you get dressed, can you go out?

How’s your cough?

fruity
21-04-19, 09:29
I’ve got sciatica now I’m in pain down one leg

BlueIris
21-04-19, 09:43
This is probably unrelated.