PDA

View Full Version : I have two bumps on the my jaw behind my right ear, and only one behind my left.

crisp
11-04-19, 01:43
I've seen this sort of thing posted on here a couple times, so forgive me if this is too similar.

I know that the two pea-sized bumps behind my ears on my jaw are normal. The problem I'm having is that there is another smaller bump under the pea on the right side. If I press on it really hard, it changes shape and I can sometimes move it upwards. It's probably nothing, but the fact that it's uneven really bothers me, and I can't stop thinking about it.

Does anyone else have more than one behind their ears? Should I be worried? I'm highly anxious about getting cancer and tend to obsess about things like this.

EDIT: These are actually on the back corners of my jaw below my earlobe. Freaking out about them being something related to the parotid. If others have this too it would make me feel a lot better.

Carys
11-05-19, 21:33
Hiyer,

I can't actually relate to the bumps you are describing I'm afraid (I can't find bumps of any sort behind my ears under the lobes LOL) However, I will say this, the human body isn't symmetrical and all sorts of things can be everso slightly different from one side to the other. There are more than a dozen things ( probably two dozen lol) I could describe to you that are different on one side of my body to the other. Just because things aren't identical both sides, doesn't mean something is wrong. Have you ever tried that half a face in the mirror thing ? You hold a mirror down your nose and reflect the right side of the face, then try it with the left side. Your face will look entirely different in both, as even the human face isn't entirely symmetrical., and thats only the OUTSIDE, on the inside the same applies. I think you actually went looking and checking round your jaw, without actually having a need or reason to do so. Once you start checking and looking for things, you can sure start imagining things have importance when they simply don't. You mention no symptoms of any illness, no problems physically at all......so what does a slight difference matter ?