PDA

View Full Version : Concern for rabies: question about the vaccine

Bubbletea
12-04-19, 14:48
So I have a question which hopefully the NMP community could answer:

Last year I decided to have my pre-exposure vaccine against rabies as a preparation against future exposures (incase), and this was last July 2018.
What made me have my vaccinations was because last year, I got worried about rabies that I decided to have my injections for a peace of mind.

However last June 2018, I went out to buy some stuff for my school project but it was really raining hard, so I decided to take shelter under a nearby roof. I was waiting for the rain to calm down that time, along with some few people who were also beside me.

Recently I got worried: what if a stray dog/cat licked the small wound on my right leg while I was standing (the wound btw was this: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=218554).

I didn't felt any licking or something with a stray that time, but what if it's because it was raining hard that time and my legs were soaked with puddles and rainwater

I did had my 4 booster shots last January and March 2019 because my unvaccinated pet pup bit me twice (altho it's not much of a concern).

My question is: Should I be concerned about what happened last year?
also: Can rabid stray animals even go out in the rain?

utrocket09
12-04-19, 15:17
So I have a question which hopefully the NMP community could answer:

Last year I decided to have my pre-exposure vaccine against rabies as a preparation against future exposures (incase), and this was last July 2018.
What made me have my vaccinations was because last year, I got worried about rabies that I decided to have my injections for a peace of mind.

However last June 2018, I went out to buy some stuff for my school project but it was really raining hard, so I decided to take shelter under a nearby roof. I was waiting for the rain to calm down that time, along with some few people who were also beside me.

Recently I got worried: what if a stray dog/cat licked the small wound on my right leg while I was standing (the wound btw was this: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=218554).

I didn't felt any licking or something with a stray that time, but what if it's because it was raining hard that time and my legs were soaked with puddles and rainwater

I did had my 4 booster shots last January and March 2019 because my unvaccinated pet pup bit me twice (altho it's not much of a concern).

My question is: Should I be concerned about what happened last year?
also: Can rabid stray animals even go out in the rain?

What!?! This makes no sense. There is no way within a year if you had rabies, you would not have symptoms.

Fishmanpa
12-04-19, 15:18
Why did you delete this thread from the rabies forum and put it here?

Positive thoughts

Bubbletea
12-04-19, 15:34
Why did you delete this thread from the rabies forum and put it here?

Positive thoughts

yeah sorry i forgot to add but i accidentally deleted my post earlier while i was trying to edit it

Fishmanpa
12-04-19, 15:37
yeah sorry i forgot to add but i accidentally deleted my post earlier while i was trying to edit it

I think you know what I'll say about your concerns and I know you know deep down so I'll leave it at that :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Bubbletea
12-04-19, 15:38
What!?! This makes no sense. There is no way within a year if you had rabies, you would not have symptoms.

the wound was in my lower right leg and i was standing while waiting for the rain to calm down, along with other people (note i didnt have any rabies vaccines that time), so i was worrying what if the incubation is long? it has been 10 months as of today and because of my hypochondria, im super worried.

Bubbletea
12-04-19, 15:45
I think you know what I'll say about your concerns and I know you know deep down so I'll leave it at that :whistles:

Positive thoughts

yeah i know what you're gonna say, but anyway, sorry because my health anxiety is just 10000x worse that whenever a worry would die down, another one would rise again

Fishmanpa
12-04-19, 15:51
Did you speak to your dad about that mental health help again?

Positive thoughts

Bubbletea
12-04-19, 15:59
Did you speak to your dad about that mental health help again?

Positive thoughts

only once and i never did again... he's a very workaholic man and it's hard to discuss personal things like this to a closed person like him

venusbluejeans
12-04-19, 16:29
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Double_Rainbow
13-04-19, 02:39
Who gave you the rabies shots? I can't find anyone willing to give them to me, unless I have an exposure or work in the risky job. I'd seriously take it, if I find a doc who'd give it to me!

Bubbletea
13-04-19, 11:08
Who gave you the rabies shots? I can't find anyone willing to give them to me, unless I have an exposure or work in the risky job. I'd seriously take it, if I find a doc who'd give it to me!

rabies is endemic here in my country so anyone has access and can have the shots easily