PDA

View Full Version : Feeling So Sick With No Relief.

Trbfan
13-04-19, 05:23
Been awhile since I posted here, last time I did I was concerned with (This isnt the point of this post) heart racing, which I've since learned more about..a little. I went to my cardiologist and he said it was racing when I used the 30 day monitor he gave me but essentially that the cause wasnt heart related. He did reassure me that I dont have a heart issue but couldnt speak for other potential issues.

My issues have continued on daily, and I 100% do not believe that they are all from anxiety. It would make no sense to me for them to be. Every day now I am dealing with the severe low blood sugar feeling (I say low blood sugar feeling because its very similar to hypoglycemia symptoms) I get when I dont eat for even 3-4 hours sometimes, and it is only fixed by eating a certain amount of food. I've tested my blood sugar while it goes on, and there are no blood sugar issues. Along with that I continue to deal with extreme fatigue and shakyness a lot. Today has actually been the worst day in months for both of those issues. I had some issues earlier with the low blood sugar feeling happening, and tonight I have been feeling weaker and shakier than I have in months. Feel like im gonna collapse even if I try to get up to go to the bathroom.

I've pieced some of the other issues together with this pressure I've had in my center (between stomach and chest) and a lot of other issues I've been having. Its been there for atleast a year, possibly longer. It causes me to feel my heartbeat more, it makes me feel a lot of weird feelings in my stomach and chest, I now realize it is the cause of the shortness of breath feelings I've had as well along with some other issues that I deal with daily. It also appears to be the cause of the discomfort that happens when I bend over, and even causes the dizzyness.

I have gotten virtually no help out of my doctors which has been so frustrating. What I believe from talking to a multitude of people now is that the pressure is a hiatal hernia (matches with numerous others experiencing the same), and adrenal burnout/adrenal fatigue. Which I now completely believe is a real thing. I joined a large support group for it and have now gotten huge insights into its effect on people.

But that doesnt make these issues less scary, for the most part I got my anxiety down to almost nothing , but this continuing to feel sick just brings the anxiety back and beats me down so badly. It hit a boiling point again today with me feeling this weak which hasnt happened in so long (if it has to this level). I am frustrated because I feel totally written off by any doctors I've been to. My cardiologist was a great help ruling out heart issues, but he wouldnt comment outside of that. He said a hiatal hernia is very possible, but suggested I go to a GI doctor to talk about that.

DustingMyselfOff
13-04-19, 16:39
I, too, spent YEARS feeling like I was in a constant "low blood sugar" episode, and used to test my blood almost hourly to try and catch the numbers being off, but they never were. Do you check your pulse and blood pressure often? Luckily I was at a doctor's office during one of the times when I was feeling especially bad and he immediately took my blood pressure and pulse. My heart rate was over 100 beats per minute and my blood pressure was scary low. He immediately put me on beta blockers (which made me feel so much better!) and then sent me for endocrine testing, thinking my thyroid had finally gone bad (I had had a goiter for years). I was diagnosed with Graves Disease, and have since then had my thyroid removed.

Those symptoms pretty much all disappeared, but now when it happens occasionally I know it's because of the foods I've been eating. For me (and maybe you) eating very low carb / high fat / high fiber / high protein works really well, and you won't find yourself needing to eat so often.

Just my two thoughts.... maybe try going on a low carb diet for a few weeks, or have your TSH levels tested?
Sue

Trbfan
14-04-19, 06:10
I, too, spent YEARS feeling like I was in a constant "low blood sugar" episode, and used to test my blood almost hourly to try and catch the numbers being off, but they never were. Do you check your pulse and blood pressure often? Luckily I was at a doctor's office during one of the times when I was feeling especially bad and he immediately took my blood pressure and pulse. My heart rate was over 100 beats per minute and my blood pressure was scary low. He immediately put me on beta blockers (which made me feel so much better!) and then sent me for endocrine testing, thinking my thyroid had finally gone bad (I had had a goiter for years). I was diagnosed with Graves Disease, and have since then had my thyroid removed.

Those symptoms pretty much all disappeared, but now when it happens occasionally I know it's because of the foods I've been eating. For me (and maybe you) eating very low carb / high fat / high fiber / high protein works really well, and you won't find yourself needing to eat so often.

Just my two thoughts.... maybe try going on a low carb diet for a few weeks, or have your TSH levels tested?
Sue

My cardiologist said my TSH was a little low but not much else. I've been doing massive amounts of research through a large group I joined designated for both adrenal fatigue (which most doctors will still say isnt real, but I see a more than convincing enough case for it to be through talking to people who have personally been through it), and the people all seem to agree that something along those lines is going on. I wouldnt say graves disease but something being off in the endocrine system, also learned a lot about TSH not being nearly enough to determine if something is wrong as its an incomplete test on its own.

I check my pulse a couple times a day but I keep track of it a little bit manually, usually its fine, except for when I bend, squat, or like when I get out of bed like last night. My blood pressure I dont check that often, but for the last year when I have checked it and im calm it has been pretty low for me..My usual used to be right around 120/80 when I was calm, in the last year its been 105/65, I've seen as low as 99/67. a

DustingMyselfOff
14-04-19, 15:45
I agree on all counts. Doctors discount adrenal fatigue, but I was seeing a nutritionist who was convinced that was my problem, and after seeing him for a few months I was taking a lot of supplements at his suggestion. Did they help? I'm not sure, in some ways I felt a LOT better, but there were other issues, perhaps caused by so many supplements, that got worse. And was he just trying to sell me supplements? Maybe - I'll never know for sure.

TSH alone is not a good measure. There are many other blood tests to test your thyroid levels but it sounds like you already know all that. I would imagine having such a low blood pressure might have something to do with the way you're feeling?

You're determined to find the answers, and I'm confident you will. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!
Sue