PDA

View Full Version : Down the rabbit hole again....

Nikkii
13-04-19, 12:22
Hey.

I知 taking sertraline and have been for about a year. I tend to get night sweats on these, and honestly I get them more nearer my period for a day or two. I致e not really worried about it but lately I seem to have been so anxious about everything.
Last week I got a cold that was short lived and it cleared up in 3-4 days but I then got a bit achy and feverish for a day or two.

I知 pretty sure I知 feeling better now but Ive been getting the night sweating more often this month but I do spend all day worrying about it and everything. I then google and find I probably have Lymphoma. Even though the sweat is usually my head and chest and only slightly damp. I also wake up under a lot of covers cos my kiddo tends to kick them over me.

I dunno, I just feel like I知 convinced I have something deadly now..

Yourboymj99
13-04-19, 21:04
Hey nikkii,

Night sweats can have many causes other then Lymphoma. Usually changes in hormones can cause this which would explain why you tend to get them close to your period. Also, you said you had a cold which could also be why you've noticed it a bit more this past month. From your post it sounds completely normal. Try to relax a little if you can. When my son was sick last month he slept in our bed and he kicked the covers over top of me and when I woke I felt like an inferno. I think your alright.

Take care

Hypo84
13-04-19, 22:10
Think about it logically. You had night sweats for a while, due to the medicine. Then you got a cold, and now you are feeling better. Your cold and achy feeling doesn't have anything to do with a cancer as you wouldn't get better in couple of days. Your night sweats are not really true night sweats where you are waking up at night soaking wet all over. Even then, this could have been caused by so many different things other than a cancer. In your case, nothing has changed, you are still on the same drug, but now you are more anxious which contributes to night sweats frequency and intensity.