PDA

View Full Version : Blue circle in my vision

Vintagemim
15-04-19, 18:30
So I was doing pretty well with my health anxiety. I've not been to the doctors in two months, and it's been six months since I went to the opticians.

Then yesterday out of nowhere I was lying down half asleep and I saw something in my vision which made my jump, and it gave me a start. I was doing that thing where you let your eyes go blurry and in the centre of my vision this blue/black spot appeared, and as I relaxed my eyes it got larger and larger. It went away when I sharpened my eyes, but since then I've noticed this blue circle which is slightly changing the colour of whatever I look at, and it's there when I close my eyes.

It's not an after image of something bright because I've had those and usually they go away before now. I've also got a massive headache, but for me this isn't too unusual as I get them a lot.

I'm just quite worried about what it could be, and upset because I immediately fell into bad habits. I have a lot of anxiety about losing my sight but I'm anxious about going to the opticians again and getting laughed at (although last time I went they did actually confirm I had small cataracts in each eye, as a 25yr old).

Fishmanpa
15-04-19, 18:43
From another vision thread...

Hyper-focusing on normal visual anomalies and attributing negative thoughts, feelings and fear.

It really is as simple as that IMO and I'm sure the headache isn't helping.

Positive thoughts