PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Problems After Food Poisoning

mcmd
16-04-19, 04:05
I recently had food poisoning 2 weeks ago. The symptoms were gone after 3-4 days. Since then I’ve had nausea everyday. I’ve got a fear of vomiting, so the nausea is causing panic attacks. I am struggling to eat and have lost weight. Yesterday I had a full blood count and liver function test which was normal. I had a slight fever of 38c and stomach ache. As I had recently been on holiday in a tropical country, I was tested for dengue fever. It came back negative. I have to re-test again this week. As early dengue doesn’t always show up on blood tests until a few days after fever starts. I have been given antibiotics in case bacteria from the food poisoning is still in my stomach. My panic attacks are getting worse. I’m so scared at the moment. Has anyone else had daily nausea like this? Or experience of dengue fever? Thank you everyone.

.Poppy.
17-04-19, 22:46
I also have a fear of vomiting, so am very sensitive to my stomach acting up.

The food poisoning will have messed with your stomach for sure, and the lack of eating won't help as it will just perpetuate the nausea. It's a vicious cycle!

I'd recommend trying to eat a bit of something that is neutral and try to eat regularly for a few days. That should help your stomach greatly.

ankietyjoe
17-04-19, 23:47
Antibiotics can make you feel like crap. I would recommend taking good quality probiotics for a couple of month during and after the course of AB's. Unless you're already underweight, I wouldn't worry too much about not eating for a little while. Just get what you can in, and keep it basic. Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids, and maybe some electrolyte powder.

mcmd
19-04-19, 04:50
Thank you so much to both of you for your replies and recommendations. You have helped very much. I am starting to feel better thanks again 😊