PDA

View Full Version : uh-oh-anxiety returns

mazzywoo
10-09-07, 08:42
Hello everyone. I haven't posted for a while because up to a few days ago, I was feeling heaps better and was enjoying beeing relatively anxiety free. Neil (my husband) and I had been on the council list for nearly 2 years but were resigned to waiting longer to be rehoused. Last week we were offered a flat-its really nice and will be safe for our cats too. We are going on a brilliant holiday in 3 weeks but we can't move into the new place for 2 weeks coz there's work being done. The timing will be very awkward. Neil's work is going very well and our income has gone up a bit. So, apart from a couple of challenges, GOOD stress I suppose.
So, WHY oh why am I feeling so awful today? The anxiety is back, I am worrying about my health because I am smoking too much and Neil and I are having horrible rows. All I can think of that may be causing ime to react this way is that my mother went into a flat for old people when she was about my age (our new place is for oldsters coz Neil is 61) and she deteriorated in health very quickly. This is an irrational fear, I realise that but it is clouding what should be a happy thing that we have waited a long time for. I am terrified that during this 2 week wait I will descend into full blown anxiety-I can't bear it if that happens. These feelings are especially nasty because I have been feeling better for so long. Sorry to moan folks but I needed to get it off my chest and I can't talk to Neil about it coz he is stressed too!
Thank you all for 'listening' Love to everyone, Maz xxxxxx

beauty
10-09-07, 09:49
Hiya Maz,
This is always the case, just as things are going well and there is no stress, the anxiety returns! It happened to me this year and it can be really upsetting cos it seems to ruin what should be a happy time. I tried to fight it when it started 2 months ago but it did get worse. However i have found that now I've accepted that it is happening and ruining things, I'm starting to feel better.
I found that thinking "o no this is disastrous and ruining my happy time" just made it worse!
I think the reason this happens is because at the time when you are the most stressed the adrenaline kind of keeps you going and you dont actually feel that bad. But afterwards when all is well and you've nothing to worry about, your body reacts. I find alot of the time with these situations the anxiety will pass over you, it is just you're brains way of dealing with the stress that happened before.
I hope that makes sense, remember you're not alone and what is happening to you is totally normal and will no doubt pass very soon xxx

neptuno
10-09-07, 13:25
Hello Maz !
Don't let your body fool you into thinking you are getting worse. This is a stressful time and your body is reacting to this stress in an exaggerated way because that's what it has done in the past. But not this time ! You are in control. Accept what is happening and believe your body is just trying to protect you. Now you know the reason for this extra anxiety you can accept it as a good thing in your life and look forward to all the great events coming your way !
be kind to yourself

pips
11-09-07, 12:49
Oh Sweetheart sorry you are feeling so bad hun,

Your body is tricking you into feeling bad and it's just the irrational thoughts getting out of hand thats all. All those what if's going crazy. :wacko: You got to give em all a big boot up the bum hunhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_102v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)

Everything will be ok I'm sure and these feelings will pass.

Tis a stressful time moving honey.

Take care,

I'm always here if you need me mate.:hugs:

Loadsa Love & BIG BIG HUGS http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_1_103.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)

Pip's X X X X:flowers:

mazzywoo
12-09-07, 06:05
Thank you all for your lovely replies-Its so good having friends like you on this brilliant site. I am feeling a bit better today and I know I can get over this rough patch-things will be ok coz they have before. I do tend to panic quickly when I get stressed and its the usual old thing of 'ohmigod! I am going mad/having a heart attack/going to make a fool of myself by running screaming down the street etc etc' you know how panic goes! We now have a moving date of Oct 1st and we go on our hols on Oct 3rd so I know things will be stressy for a while BUT we will sort it and I am determined to stay positive now! Thanks again mates-I really appreciate your kind thoughts and support. Love, Maz xxxx:yesyes: