PDA

View Full Version : Daydream fantasy - brain tumor?

helenhoo
15-04-19, 11:26
So few instances I have left tap running as I'll run it to fill it up then go off to do something else +make coffee, pick baby, make bottle) then something else then sit down and forget I left tap on. Us this memory loss/tumor or normal dopey Mum stuff?

KK77
15-04-19, 11:29
Memory issues-busy mum I can understand. But "tumour"? Where did you get that idea? :lac:

helenhoo
15-04-19, 11:35
Forgetfulness is a symptom isn't it?

KK77
15-04-19, 11:40
"Forgetfulness" can be a symptom of 101 other things - eg, being preoccupied and a "busy mum".

ankietyjoe
15-04-19, 12:10
You really need to stop catastrophising ever single little problem.

Since having kids my memory has degraded about 945%. It's the circle of life.

nomorepanic
15-04-19, 13:00
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Hypo84
15-04-19, 20:03
You don't have a memory issue but you get distracted. I can't count how many times I start boiling eggs , then go to my computer and forget about them. Too many unfortunately, but that is normal since I am working on my computer and my focus is on the work.

To combat that, I set up alarm clock after 15 minutes ;)

helenhoo
17-04-19, 10:49
So for the last 13 years I've had a daydream most days where I'm sort of famous and people know of me. It's not the point of paranoid 'people are watching me' and I don't believe cameras are watching lol but just fantasy that I'm a mini celeb. I don't avoid doing something and doesn't affect my life, I think it started when I watched Truman show lol but it's sort of stick around in a way. Is this a delusion/brain tumor related?

BlueIris
17-04-19, 10:52
Helen, you're being completely ridiculous here. Do you honestly think it could be related to a brain tumour?

RadioGaGa
17-04-19, 13:34
@HelenHoo

Are you on dope?

Shadowhawk
17-04-19, 13:46
...Is this a delusion/brain tumor related?

No, its called being human. Everyone (who is not in a vegetative state and is thinking) has, at least once (and really, way, WAY more), had a daydream/fantasy/thoughts of being something else/better/superhero/celebrity/etc. These kinds of thoughts are ESPECIALLY common after watching a movie that can make you think (like the Truman show...), or anything else that engages your imagination.

KK77
17-04-19, 14:21
@HelenHoo

Are you on dope?

That's the scary thing because she isn't :wacko:

RadioGaGa
17-04-19, 15:00
@KK77

Are you sure about that?:winks: :roflmao:I'd almost prefer to tell myself she is on dope, because some of these things really are so strange...but her latest post did give me a laugh - just what I needed on a Wednesday afternoon :roflmao:

BlueIris
17-04-19, 15:19
Maybe the absence of dope is the problem?

RadioGaGa
17-04-19, 15:46
That could be it BlueIris! :roflmao:

helenhoo
17-04-19, 16:18
Why would you ask if I'm dope? Because it's not normal? I do it daily , little fantasy world but don't actually believe it it's more habitual thinking.

BlueIris
17-04-19, 16:26
Because you told us you thought that daydreaming might be a sign of a brain tumour.

I find it hard to believe your paranoia, occasionally I even wonder if you're trolling us all.

Violet Blue
17-04-19, 16:50
Because you told us you thought that daydreaming might be a sign of a brain tumour.

I find it hard to believe your paranoia, occasionally I even wonder if you're trolling us all.

Wow, I wonder how long this post will be allowed to stay - the T word is not allowed while describing our favourite HAer!

BlueIris
17-04-19, 16:55
Apologies; I didn't mean to overstep the mark.

Violet Blue
17-04-19, 17:18
Apologies; I didn't mean to overstep the mark.

Bless you, BlueIris, you really didn't.

You can say what you want to Helen anyway as she will keep on coming. :hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
17-04-19, 17:42
@KK77Are you sure about that?:winks: :roflmao:I'd almost prefer to tell myself she is on dope, because some of these things really are so strange...but her latest post did give me a laugh - just what I needed on a Wednesday afternoon :roflmao:

We have other members asking, or who have asked, the exact same thing on the HA, Symptoms and OCD boards. There are many strange themes in OCD alone and hopefully education about them will improve people's ignorance about them. Some with this worry about Schizophrenia, others brain tumours but it's just seeing a potential symptom and catastrophizing as Joe said and jumping to conclusions, emotional reasoning, etc. It certainly wouldn't be an unusual post on the OCD board. Strange thoughts are part and parcel of anxiety disorders.

Reb - delusion would mean you would have an unshakeable belief. You wouldn't be here asking about it, you would be lost inside it.

As Joe said you need to try to halt it. It's going to blurt out things like "brain tumour" and others you've also worried about in the past and it's best to accept it's just following a process you have built up in your subconscious. Hopefully therapy will help you with this but do try to steer your focus elsewhere with other activities and reduce as much reassurance seeking as you can. Try to let the tension & thoughts just be there and hopefully they will recede.

RadioGaGa
17-04-19, 18:53
HelenHoo, can you answer two questions please? (Although I'll be honest, IMO this is 99% a "T")

1. When you had this thought, that "day dreaming" may be caused by a brain tumour. What were you doing at the time? What triggered it?

2. What made you so convinced, after having this for 13+ years, that it was a brain tumour and made you post on here?

helenhoo
17-04-19, 20:45
I just rememberes that I've had it for so long and then thought it was in an episode of something.

I've since found a friend's friend died in her sleep so I've googled and seen what that mea sand it can be anerysm so now I'm worrying about that too. Do you hear blood flowing in head at night if you really listen for it? And heartbeat left side hear? Are these normal things?

nomorepanic
17-04-19, 20:54
Is there any point us replying as you ignore what we say so I may as well say yes you have a brain tumour as it will be ignored.

MyNameIsTerry
17-04-19, 20:54
Reb, you are searching for associations to confirm the legitimacy of your fear. Everything you are saying here has been seen across other threads by other members (the TV show stuff I've seen in various threads) and it's really no different to the more conventional bumps, lumps, prodding of lymph nodes or anything else on here.

venusbluejeans
17-04-19, 21:29
Further to our thread which you can find here which we would like you to read in the first instance....

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?182032-A-message-from-the-admins-please-read

Secondly, If you find this thread annoying or feel that the OP is being discourteous and you start to get frustrated with them not appearing to take your advice on board then we uge you to step away from this thread and click onto the unanswered threads link on the forum home page........Then we would ask you to reply to some of the threads that go unanswered while people are replying to this thread and getting frustrated. These members, whose concerns are just as important (sometimes more important) as this thread but never tend to get replies as members concentrate on the constant posters on the forum so can honestly feel so completely ignored that they never come back to NMP as they feel no one really cares about their problems when they see threads with lots of replies.

Isn't it better to reply to someone who would be genuinely thankful that you have taken the time to reply to them rather than someone who doesn't? You will feel so much better in yourself that you have helped someone who will actually take on board what you say and thank you than you would replying to this thread..

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/57468052_1119740194896706_8222731604204716032_n.pn g?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=1353f44ec8e576477762ded1e0475538&oe=5D2B4884

helenhoo
17-04-19, 23:28
I'm just so incredibly anxious all the time at the moment. Constantly fearing everything.

nomorepanic
17-04-19, 23:36
Yet you are not prepared to help yourself Helen

MyNameIsTerry
18-04-19, 02:16
I'm just so incredibly anxious all the time at the moment. Constantly fearing everything.

In the past you have been through many periods like this. What did you find helped? What can you try? Remember the grounding exercises you tried off the site Primula pointed you towards?

Are you under a load of stress right now? Is it because of the baby? What can be done to help? Can your BF help take some pressure off you? Or is it more of a problem when you have too much free time?

Phuzella
18-04-19, 18:10
Totally agree with Venus :)

venusbluejeans
18-04-19, 18:25
Totally agree with Venus :)

:yesyes::hugs: