PDA

View Full Version : Twin sister has severe headache?

Liv7117
17-04-19, 14:29
Hi, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted here and my HA has been a lot better. However, I’m currently really concerned about my twin sister; for the past two days she’s had a very severe headache, to the point where she can’t function. She took ibuprofen and had coffee which helped it a little bit it keeps coming back. She’s also had an extremely stiff neck and her temperature was 99 last night. She NEVER complains about her health symptoms because she knows I worry easily, so the fact that she’s complaining so much about her head tells me it must be bad. Of course my mind is jumping to worst case scenarios, like a tumor, aneurysm or meningitis. Does anyone have any words of advice? Am I just being irrational right now or should I be worried?

RadioGaGa
17-04-19, 14:38
Self-declared brain tumour expert checking in here.

No, this would not be consistent with brain tumour.

However, I would urge you to get your sister seen to ASAP as "stiff neck" + "severe headache" (as severe as you describe) could​ suggest meningitis.

Keep us posted

Godo luck

ankietyjoe
17-04-19, 14:57
It could also be a stiff neck and a headache. She might have slept funny. I get this a lot.

Either way, get it checked out. Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with a tumour.

Liv7117
19-04-19, 13:06
Thank you both for your kind replies. My sister ended up going to urgent care, and they ruled out meningitis and said it may have just been a migraine. She’s feeling much better now!

BlueIris
19-04-19, 14:07
Fantastic! I was thinking of you both.