PDA

View Full Version : 24 hour tape results

Debbiee
17-04-19, 22:02
I had a 24 Hour tape done yesterday and still waiting for results, I had been told it was ectopic beats after my ecg, but wondered what this will show up as I had palpitations all day and fast beats during the night, could it be atrial fibrillation?

nomorepanic
17-04-19, 22:12
I really wouldn't second guess this - wait and see what the results say.

WiredIncorrectly
17-04-19, 22:55
Anxiety can cause:

* Ectopic heartbeats
* Fast heart rate
* Feeling your own own heartbeat

All 3 are classic anxiety. All 3 you've had and are having. I'd consider myself a veteran with these pesky ectopics and even tonight I had some panic that sent my heart into the 160 range for a couple of minutes. I'm convinced normal people have this too but they don't obsessively check or notice like I do. Anyway, I have them almost daily for the past 15 years. Some days good, some days absolutely dreadful. But not once have they caused me harm or injury. If the medical professionals have ruled out the worst then you have to bite the bullet and accept. It's hard, I know. Even 15 years later I sometimes refuse to believe they are absolutely harmless.

Youtube this: York Cardiologist Ectopic

He'll help you understand these a lot better.

The results will show whatever happened and as you're still with us, and you're not in a hospital bed, I'd take that as good news :) Also, AF isn't really the end of the world either. For most people AF is no more bothersome than ectopics. But, what you have sounds like what I and many others here have.