PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics worse when getting sick

DivineAngle
19-04-19, 16:40
Hey guys
Just wondered if you seem to get these ectopic PVC beats worse when you feel like you are getting sick?
I seem to be getting many almost every fourth beat for the last few days. Went to the ER and they said it was all benign. Did blood work, ECG and it is fine.
Kind of aggravating that it is coming in every few beats!!

BlueIris
19-04-19, 16:46
Not sure whether or not you're a HA person, but is it possible that stress could be playing a part?

DivineAngle
19-04-19, 16:53
I thought that too. I know the PVCs are definitely annoying and it’s been on my mind but it feels like a new norm when I am sick I seem to get these. That or an unlucky coincidence.

BlueIris
19-04-19, 16:57
It might be that you get nervous when you feel yourself coming down with something, possibly? I know I freak out a bit if I think I'm getting a bug of some sort.

jalapeno1234
19-04-19, 19:26
Me yesterday!!! thought I was getting a fever and in the night the pounding in my chest was unbelievable but I woke feeling energized so Im torn between thinking it was a real virus trying to get me or anxiety. My mum says she always gets fast heartbeats when fighting something

WiredIncorrectly
20-04-19, 09:42
For me it's pretty normal to have increased ectopics, and palpitations when I have a flu, or stomach bug. It's likely caused by the increased stress of fighting a virus/bug.