PDA

View Full Version : Time of the month

Pen
10-09-07, 13:21
This is a message for the ladies.

About 18 months ago I had a breakdown and have been suffering with anxiety ever since. I have made a great deal of progress and sometimes I feel completely normal again, :smile: although it is often a case of two steps forward, one step back I am determined to beat this and lead the life I had before one day (soon!!!)

The thing is, I have noticed a pattern that for a week or so prior to when my period is due that my anxiety is at its worse. I haven’t gone down the meds route (due to fear of side effects) but each month I wonder if it would be such a bad thing as I feel so terrible with anxiety and panic – then when my period has passed I can cope again. Does anyone else experience this? And has anyone found that exercising makes a difference to their mood/anxiety?

Gabby
10-09-07, 13:51
Hi Pen

Yes and yes! The 3 days b4 my period is worst for anxiety. always feel awful. and have been excerising twice a week for a few mths now and it does seem to make a difference - i think it gives the adrenaline an outlet!!

G x

Fly2Freedom
10-09-07, 19:06
Yup and I feel hormone imbalance is to blame.
I started to take wild yam and licorice root to help.
I have had a few stress breakdowns too but I dont think thats whats making me so shaky before period.

Love fly x

Allye
10-09-07, 20:49
I am having CBT for panic attacks anxiety and the pattern we have noticed is that anxiety is much much worse just before and for the first couple of days during my period. The problem I have is that I have become so hyper-sensitive to any slight change that the hormanal differences kick me off every month

pepe
10-09-07, 21:26
I get jumpy in the week before my period too (along with feeling sad and grumpy all at once). Does anxiety make your PMT worse? or Does PMT make your anxiety worse?
Its definately a hyper sensitvity thing with me. I am so tuned in to my bodily sensations and notice any changes big time - its very annoying!
Can you get CBT on the NHS, as it is so expensive i can't afford it?
Pepe x

julieb
10-09-07, 21:54
Hi

Yes i'm the same in the few days before my period. my anxity levels are higher and i also suffer panic attacks. i've been monitoring this really carefully and i've noticed that exactly halfway through my period i have a couple of days the same. this has definately got worse over the last 2 years. i don't know whether i'm looking out for it more or maybe its down to my age as at 43 i suppose i could be getting ready for the menopause. at the moment i'm trying to look after myself a lot better instead of running myself in the ground at work and at home. this is helping a little bit. hope this helps.

ju

breesmum
17-09-07, 01:14
OMG!! i have noticed this too and even spoke to my fiance about it. I started seeing a pattern that my anxiety would increase around the time i was ovulating then plateau until the beginning of my period where it would increase again.

Why does our body do this? I only noticed that this was happening when i had the implanon rod in my arm and it eased a little when i had it taken out.

Sometimes i wish i was pregnant again just so i didn't have to feel it.

nomorepanic
17-09-07, 17:59
Have a read of the posts on here...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784

Under the women's section.

honeybee3939
17-09-07, 18:11
Hi

I did a poll about this subject last year, i was quite amazed by the results.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13497

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Seuria
17-09-07, 18:47
count me in for that as well. its a absolute nightmare for me. evening primrose oil helps sooo much. they used to give it out on the nhs for womens things so it does work. it also helps with the pain and makes your skin/hair nicer.

Love
S

joolee
17-09-07, 20:45
OMG i have not suffered panic attacks for 4 years then just the other week i started to feel faint, tightness in my jaws and head and breathless im fighting a pa and i have just about finished my period and i feel a bit better now also my hubby has taken a better job but he is now working away from home 4 nights a week so i think that has set it off to as i have four kids and a dog to look after on my own which ive always had my hubby their, i am getting through this episode though as thats what im calling it i am not going back to 4 years ago when i had pas all the time its scary again though as it feels like totally new feelings but to be honest it probably isnt its just that ive not had them for so long that its scary again xxxxxxxxx:wacko: