PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus and Brain tumour fear

Fairypop
20-04-19, 16:57
Hi there
Am petrified and in a state of panic about tinnitus, it started probably 4 weeks ago now and is worrying me :( it’s just on the one side.
I’ve been to the gp who prescribed a nasal spray and then back again two weeks later when they sent me for a hearing test. Hearing all fine. I’ve has one morning where there was no noise. It’s a high pitched ringing which has two tones to it!
I’m driving myself mad convincing myself I have an acoustic neuroma type of brain tumour. I also had a few involuntary twitches of my lower cheek today, I need to go back to the docs this week to ask for a referral. Just feeling so worried :(
Has anyone else had one sided tinnitus and it turn out ok?
Thanks

Darksky
20-04-19, 17:44
I have it in my left ear. It has no known cause. At first we thought it was a wax build up so I had my ears syringed. It made no difference so I just get on with it. It's there but your brain filters it out so you cant hear it...only when you deliberately listen in.

i don't have health anxiety so it has never crossed my mind it's anything other than tinnitus. I have never even heard of a link between ear ringing and tumours, which makes me wonder if you've been googling?

Fairypop
20-04-19, 17:54
The doctor mentioned it as said one sided was a red flag! I assume I’ll have an MRI.
Thanks for your kind words - I have bad sinus issues and today as the air pressure is high everything is hurting and it seems louder!

Fishmanpa
20-04-19, 17:54
Scroll to the bottom of the page and/or do a search on this and you'll get pages of similar threads. Not one had anything serious going on :shrug:

Positive thoughts