PDA

View Full Version : Palps after starting exercise routine

panicface
21-04-19, 12:58
I've been a bit of a lazy, sleepy, sloth the last 6 months. No exercise, just vegging in front of Netflix.

Just started an exercise routine, nothing big - just 20 min on treadmill walking and 10 min on elliptical. Also trying to consume less sugar.

Now getting skipped beats periodically. One is TOO MANY a day, but I'm probs getting 5 or 6 a day.

Seems like anytime I change my lifestyle - new workout routine, new foods, take a trip or return from one - I start throwing palps... ANNOYING..

Anyone else get this?

Fishmanpa
21-04-19, 13:13
One is TOO MANY a day

No its not :lac:

Positive thoughts

WiredIncorrectly
21-04-19, 13:22
Only 5 or 6? That's good news buddy! At times I can have thousands when they're bad.

Yes, I get them during exercise sometimes. I've learned to ignore them and continue on with the routine. I used to run cross country in my early adulthood and would have them constantly while running until I learned to forget about them. Once you stop caring for them they stop happening, or you stop noticing ... one or the other.

I'm guessing the 6 months being lazy is making you anxious that the laziness has had a negative effect on your health? This in turn causing the anxieties over the heart while exercising?

ankietyjoe
21-04-19, 13:58
Yeah they're not dangerous at all. Avoiding exercise because you have a couple of skipped beats is arguably far more dangerous!

You'll probably find the once your body gets used to exercising again they'll go away.