PDA

View Full Version : Worried I have MS or Motor Neurone Disease

springblossom
21-04-19, 20:43
Hi everyone,

I've been having a few very odd symptoms in the past few months and I've begun to think the absolute worst i.e. that I may have MS or Motor Neurone.

My symptoms are as follows:

1. Weakness in arms and legs, mostly in forearms and hands with a feeling of stiffness and loss of dexterity
2. Tremor in left hand and in fingers
3. Twitching muscles across shoulders, in back and in arms, which continue during sleep
4. Tingling, crawling feeling in scalp with sensation of pulse in head
5. Deterioration in vision with loss of focus in left eye
6. Dizziness, sensation of being off-balance
7. Weak swallow
8. Stiff neck, neck cracking
9. Irregular heartbeat
10. Intermittent breathlessness
11. Brain fog, cognitive slowness

Is it possible that these symptoms are MS/ALS or could they be triggered by anxiety?

I'm grateful for any advice and suggestions.

Regards,

SB

AMomentofClarity
21-04-19, 23:51
Hi everyone,

I've been having a few very odd symptoms in the past few months and I've begun to think the absolute worst i.e. that I may have MS or Motor Neurone.

My symptoms are as follows:

1. Weakness in arms and legs, mostly in forearms and hands with a feeling of stiffness and loss of dexterity
2. Tremor in left hand and in fingers
3. Twitching muscles across shoulders, in back and in arms, which continue during sleep
4. Tingling, crawling feeling in scalp with sensation of pulse in head
5. Deterioration in vision with loss of focus in left eye
6. Dizziness, sensation of being off-balance
7. Weak swallow
8. Stiff neck, neck cracking
9. Irregular heartbeat
10. Intermittent breathlessness
11. Brain fog, cognitive slowness

Is it possible that these symptoms are MS/ALS or could they be triggered by anxiety?

I'm grateful for any advice and suggestions.

Regards,

SB

Ive had every single one of these during periods of anxiety

BlueIris
22-04-19, 04:18
Ive had every single one of these during periods of anxiety

Yep, me too, some of them for months on end.

springblossom
24-04-19, 14:51
Thanks people. I pray that it's anxiety. I'm just feeling so awful at the moment

4bready
24-04-19, 18:02
Ive had #1,#4,#9,#11 and currently have #6

Imeleedi
24-04-19, 21:56
Is it possible?

I guess, but it's also possible with none of these symptoms you mention.

Generally speaking, in the absence of hard evidence from tests, the more symptoms you have the less likely you are to have a neuro nasty. ALS generally presents with localised fasiculations/fibrillations and weakness. Fibrillations are more concerning (muscle twitching you can't see but can feel) but these are rare.

MS is not the worst, not by a long shot. People live long and happy lives with MS.

It doesn't sound like either of these two conditions, especially not ALS. The amount of symptoms and generalised distribution of them is far more suggestive of an anxiety or stress reaction. IMHO

springblossom
26-04-19, 14:09
Is it possible?

I guess, but it's also possible with none of these symptoms you mention.

Generally speaking, in the absence of hard evidence from tests, the more symptoms you have the less likely you are to have a neuro nasty. ALS generally presents with localised fasiculations/fibrillations and weakness. Fibrillations are more concerning (muscle twitching you can't see but can feel) but these are rare.

MS is not the worst, not by a long shot. People live long and happy lives with MS.

It doesn't sound like either of these two conditions, especially not ALS. The amount of symptoms and generalised distribution of them is far more suggestive of an anxiety or stress reaction. IMHO

Thank you Imeleedi. Isn't anxiety the most awful challenge? I appreciate you taking the time to reply!