PDA

View Full Version : Constant thoughts about dying/death

Panic1971
10-09-07, 17:10
Hi

I am having a really bad time of it at the moment - living in constant fear.

My thoughts are always about dying or death. If I get a pain anywhere - I think I am dying of some horrible disease or something. This starts me getting really anxious and then bam, a panic attack. The panic attacks are becoming worse than ever. The symptoms more stronger and more frightening, and are becoming more frequent.

I really dont know what to do...

SammiB
10-09-07, 17:19
Oh ann

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your health anxiety, I too am getting worse and worse, i don't know how to stop, what if this and what if that. it seems that the tricks on here don't seem to work for this kind of anxiety.

I can't give you any answer as i haven't even got one myself.

but i really empathise with you hun. i think we just have to keep distracted and keep focused on the good things in the future

hope you feel better

Sammi

xxxx

Panic1971
10-09-07, 21:41
Hi Sammi

Thanks for your reply.

I find it so hard to distract myself from my thoughts though. I just want to feel normal.

Thanks once again.

Take care

belle
10-09-07, 21:56
I'm with you on this one.
I recently wrote a post on my blog all about it.
If you'd like to read it, PM me and i'll send you the link :)

x

Panic1971
10-09-07, 22:00
Hi Bluebell

Thanks for the reply - I have just pm'd you.

Take care x

monica
10-09-07, 22:13
hi ann
i'm new to the site but not too panic! i call them thoughts of impending doom,their horrible and the only way i get threw the day when i've got one of those days is to turn the music on and start cleaning.i know its no cure but it beats sitting around feeling like this is the last day.fighting is tiring but the hope is that one day we'll win:hugs: monica

LickeyEndBlues
10-09-07, 22:38
I can relate to this too. "Thoughts of impending doom"...I like it!!

Irrational or unhelpful thought patterns can become all consuming but that is all they are.....thoughts. How many of these doom thoughts actually become reality? My guess is not many....if any at all.

What we need to change is the way we think about them, if we can start to change that then we can begin to lose them. Thats it in a nutshell but it does take a bit longer to deal with it.

CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) is one route to try.

belle
10-09-07, 23:02
...yep impending doom feelings i have too.

For me i can be cutting up potatoes for example, something completely non anxiety related and all of a sudden i just feel like a dark cloud of mobidness (if thats a word, if not, i think it should be one...lol), horrid scary thoughts of death...etc!

Here's one i posted earlier!

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15507

I think it comes with the illness, like an "added extra"...
We're lucky!!!!!!!!!!!

x

angiebaby
10-09-07, 23:09
Hi there, i used to get the severe, intense feelings of impending doom too. But they have gone off a bit now, but instead i get the constant feeling that i am about to collapse on the floor. Doesn't matter where i am, but i am always moving about or walking at the time, and i just feel like i will drop to the floor. Nothing else, not generalized doom at all, just collapsing. I just cannot get that horrible thought to go away, no matter how hard i try. It is scary.xx

Panic1971
11-09-07, 16:59
Thanks everyone for your replies and sharing your experiences.:yesyes:

These thoughts are so hard to get rid of though.:weep:

Thanks once again.

jenii
12-09-07, 00:52
i am really getting the doom thoughts a lot too :(

saradey
13-09-07, 14:16
i'm so with you on this one Ann i thought i was the only one every day i get a pain in my chest and i think i'm going to have a heart attack and no one will find me i went down the bad road of having a bottle of wine a night to try and block it out but it didnt work i find by doing some thing helps to take my mind off it although i still feel panicy

my thoughts are with you

Sara

sazzle
14-09-07, 10:01
Im suffering from this really bad at the moment too, I had a really bad attack on Holiday where i was convinced i was about to die at any moment, now i keep looking back on that waiting for the next one and thinking its going to be worse than that.

I can totally understand what your going through at the moment and although that might not be much help the thing that keeps me going is that it will pass and im still alive!

MissChampers
17-09-07, 12:53
I totally sympathise with what you're going through. Nearly every morning I wake up for the past 17 years I think about death and is today going to be my last day. I haven't a clue what started it all off but with every year I get older the more I think about it.