PDA

View Full Version : Pale stools - getting anxious

Dave1966uk
23-04-19, 08:34
Hi

I suspected my stools were paler a couple of days ago and today they are decidedly pale. A couple of years ago they went pale during an anxiety session (though not this pale) and in the end the doctor said he was only really worried if they ended up black or red. Of course I Googled "anxiety pale stools" (seemed an innocent enough query!) and one site said pale stools were NEVER caused by anxiety. Cue waves of anxiety about cancer. I did a fair bit of gardening in the last few days and don't know whether the exercise, which I seldom have, can have an effect and also my diet in the last few days has not been great. Apart from the anxiety I feel fine, skin, eyes, urine look normal and no aches or pains. I have unsymptomatic gallstones and gallblader polyps.

David

paranoid-viking
24-04-19, 19:32
I think you should calm down and wait to see if it disappear. If it is back to normal tomorrow you can realax. It happens once in a while; like when what you digested run to fast out of your system. If it last for more than 3 days you should see the doctor. Meanwhile, try to relax and try not to google - easier said than done, I know being a hypocondriac myself but what other advice can you get?

Lajaca
25-04-19, 22:26
I have this sometimes. Worried me first time, but I have ibs which can cause this. Hope everything is ok and settled down ?

paranoid-viking
27-04-19, 19:42
So what happened? Are there any updates?