PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have pancreatitis

jflood21
23-04-19, 09:24
I made a huge mistake Friday night and it had led me to where I am now. I have been free from alcohol for the entire year and I quit drinking because I have a terrible binge drinking habit. I told myself I was gonna only have 1 beer and eventually by the end of the night that led to 17. I woke up with a terrible pain in my abdomen and it is felt in the back as well. I have not been able to eat much and I have been in a constant pain/upset stomach and back ache ever since that night. It doesnt seem to be getting any better and I have been holding off going to the er because I don't have insurance. I have convinced myself that I have pancreatitis and I am driving myself nuts. Its 423 am and I cant get any sleep.. Don't know what I should do.

BlueIris
23-04-19, 09:27
I really think you need to seek medical attention for this one if it isn't getting any better.

jflood21
23-04-19, 16:37
Went to the er today woke up 3 hours later in more pain, got blood work done and a ct scan my pancreas was good :). I did get diagnosed with acute gastritis and I have meds for it now. Thanks for the reply bluelris!

BlueIris
23-04-19, 17:09
Glad you're on the road to recovery!

paranoid-viking
24-04-19, 19:28
Went to the er today woke up 3 hours later in more pain, got blood work done and a ct scan my pancreas was good :). I did get diagnosed with acute gastritis and I have meds for it now. Thanks for the reply bluelris!

Yes, when you have gastritis alcohol and fatty meat like ribs are devils to your stomach, especially rib. I think it is advisable that you stay careful about alcohol use in the future.