PDA

View Full Version : Feeling worried about c reactive protein being raised on blood test

jaynehal
23-04-19, 11:18
Hi everyone

Anyone had had experience in CRP (c reactive protein) being raised, I originally went to the docs with stomach ache and the bloods they ran all came back ok other than the CRP which was 56 and should be under 10 :(

I did have a sore throat and neck when I went for the first blood test and she said could be that but my health anxiety is taking over!

I had them hem done again 2 days later and they had come down to 19 but still over the range, I’m worried it won’t have come down on the next bloods which I’m having in 3 weeks!

has anyone’s stayed elevated? And what would they do?

I am full of a cold and have a sore throat so I’m not going to be retested till it has completely gone

thanks

Jayne

Mostu
23-04-19, 12:01
CRP is raised in inflammations/infections. It fell from 56 to 19, so there's no reason to worry, it'll keep coming down. Just like if you have a fever - the temperature gradually falls down, right?

AMomentofClarity
23-04-19, 14:31
Hi everyone

Anyone had had experience in CRP (c reactive protein) being raised, I originally went to the docs with stomach ache and the bloods they ran all came back ok other than the CRP which was 56 and should be under 10 :(

I did have a sore throat and neck when I went for the first blood test and she said could be that but my health anxiety is taking over!

I had them hem done again 2 days later and they had come down to 19 but still over the range, I’m worried it won’t have come down on the next bloods which I’m having in 3 weeks!

has anyone’s stayed elevated? And what would they do?

I am full of a cold and have a sore throat so I’m not going to be retested till it has completely gone

thanks

Jayne

Yes. I was in on a Monday after being sick during the weekend. A couple weeks later it was fine on retest.

jaynehal
23-04-19, 21:14
Thanks guys I’m really hoping it to have gone to normal levels been driving myself stupid thinking I’ve got heart disease or something else x