PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss concern!

its1111
23-04-19, 18:10
Hi all,

Been a while since I've been on here, which is great, but starting to have some health anxiety again. Here is what's going on- would really appreciate your thoughts:

I had a baby about 18 months ago and lost some of the baby weight, but as of January still had about 15 pounds to go. I went back on a birth control pill in January, and since then, I have lost 12 pounds without doing anything else. Clearly it seems like the pill could be contributing to the weight loss, but is that even possible? It seems like a lot of weight in a short amount of time...I am concerned there could be something else medically wrong- cancer, etc. I had a physical a couple months ago, but I had only lost about 7 pounds at that point, so it wasn't even mentioned. At that time my CBC and standard blood work was normal. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy about the weight loss! But also concerned as to what is causing it?

In Jan, the pill I was taking gave me HORRIBLE acid reflux and most likely a large bout of gastritis. I don't feel like I have eaten much less (maybe some, I get full easier) but I am not eating as much tomato based products, etc that would contribute to reflux. I also switched pills in March, and the reflux has gotten better, but not totally gone.

I have been dealing with a lot of stress, which I think is making my health anxiety rear it's ugly head again... every ache or pain I keep questioning if this could be causing the weight loss. Ex: the front of my neck and back of my tongue have been very sore for a few weeks now...I keep thinking swollen lymph nodes.

Anyway, just looking for opinions and possibly some support...I don't want to go full-blown panic again, I was doing really well.

Beachlady
23-04-19, 18:28
Hi all,

Been a while since I've been on here, which is great, but starting to have some health anxiety again. Here is what's going on- would really appreciate your thoughts:

I had a baby about 18 months ago and lost some of the baby weight, but as of January still had about 15 pounds to go. I went back on a birth control pill in January, and since then, I have lost 12 pounds without doing anything else. Clearly it seems like the pill could be contributing to the weight loss, but is that even possible? It seems like a lot of weight in a short amount of time...I am concerned there could be something else medically wrong- cancer, etc. I had a physical a couple months ago, but I had only lost about 7 pounds at that point, so it wasn't even mentioned. At that time my CBC and standard blood work was normal. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy about the weight loss! But also concerned as to what is causing it?

In Jan, the pill I was taking gave me HORRIBLE acid reflux and most likely a large bout of gastritis. I don't feel like I have eaten much less (maybe some, I get full easier) but I am not eating as much tomato based products, etc that would contribute to reflux. I also switched pills in March, and the reflux has gotten better, but not totally gone.

I have been dealing with a lot of stress, which I think is making my health anxiety rear it's ugly head again... every ache or pain I keep questioning if this could be causing the weight loss. Ex: the front of my neck and back of my tongue have been very sore for a few weeks now...I keep thinking swollen lymph nodes.

Anyway, just looking for opinions and possibly some support...I don't want to go full-blown panic again, I was doing really well.

It sounds like you’ve got really plausible explanations for your weight loss and you’ve thought them out very logically. A friend of mine was the same way--she actually never gained weight throughout pregnancy because of acid reflux which continued for a while afterwards. It doesn’t sound to me like you have anything to worry about.

Congrats on the new little one!

kt xxx
23-04-19, 20:50
Hi, I’m going through the same thing it’s so worrying. It started with a sickness bug in January which fuelled my health anxiety and I’ve lost so much weight without trying. I have been to the drs about 10 times and had lots of blood tests/endoscopy/colonoscopy which have all came back normal apart from finding a hiatus hernia. I’ve now been told I need to get rid of my scales as I’ve became obsessed with weighing myself daily to see if I’ve put weight on then getting stressed and worrying when I haven’t. Who knew stress could do this? My baby is 9months now and I’ve went from a size 12/14 to a 8/10 since January.