PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to stop taking beta blockers cold turkey?

Mark_P
24-04-19, 19:19
I am nearly coming to the end of my prescription for propranolol (40mg) and am wondering if it's okay to go cold turkey once I've run out of them? I have a week or so left of them. Because I am currently on 40mg, would it have any negative effects on me to stop abruptly like that or not?

nomorepanic
24-04-19, 19:40
Do not stop any medication like this cold turkey

Fishmanpa
24-04-19, 19:46
Always discuss medications, starting, stopping, dosage etc. with your doctor.

Positive thoughts

aprilmoon
24-04-19, 22:47
When I collected my prescription of beta blockers the pharmacist made a point of talking to me to say not to come off these suddenly.She said to cut down gradually until you phase them out

Fishmanpa
24-04-19, 23:11
When I collected my prescription of beta blockers the pharmacist made a point of talking to me to say not to come off these suddenly.She said to cut down gradually until you phase them out

Always discuss medications, starting, stopping, dosage etc. with your doctor.

Positive thoughts

Midnight-mouse
25-04-19, 09:40
I am nearly coming to the end of my prescription for propranolol (40mg) and am wondering if it's okay to go cold turkey once I've run out of them? I have a week or so left of them. Because I am currently on 40mg, would it have any negative effects on me to stop abruptly like that or not?

Definitely get your script refilled and talk with your doctor, may I ask why you’re looking to stop them?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busterrufus
26-04-19, 00:36
No! I am on the same dose and my packets of tablets have a sticker on them with a warning not to reduce or stop taking them without consulting a doctor.