PDA

View Full Version : numb feelings on face and

odile_swanlake
11-09-07, 08:34
Hi everyone.

I am suffering from severe panic attacks and now I have a new symptom which is scaring me. After an attack, I get a numb sort of feeling in my face and back of my neck.

Also my ears feel like they are full of fluid and my neck is stiff. Has anyone else had these symptoms?

hugs to you all.

jill
11-09-07, 12:38
Hi there,

Sorry to hear how you are feeling hun :hugs:

I know its dame hard for you right now, but try not to fear these symptoms, this will only fuel your anxiety more.

You will find that there are many, many different symptoms of anxiety and each symptom you have now, someone has had it, maybe not all at once, or maybe they have, but thats how anxiety works, it changes all the time, we may have one symptom, we many have a few at the same time, but this is Mrs anxiety trying to find ways to scare us. Get to know your symptoms, get to know all symptoms of anxiety. I know this helped me.

The numb feeling the the face and neck are common,

The blood vessels and nerves, which supply the face and head, originate in the neck and shoulders. Many of these nerves and blood vessels are routed across the head to the face. When the body is under stress these areas of the body are usually the first to become tense. Facial numbness can be very disturbing but is usually nothing to worry about and is usually the result of this tension.

The stiffness in the neck it due to muscule tention, if you do gental excersise, SLOWLY, moving your head from one side to the other, do this a few times a day for a few mins, this helps reales the tention.

I have had these symptoms, if you look at the very bottom of this page, there are some links there.

You take care, be kind to yourself, nice hot bath, funny films, good book, use some relaxation cds.

LOVE JILLXX