PDA

View Full Version : Lights in room flashed/went dark for a moment?

SarahNah
25-04-19, 22:29
Hi, so I've been okayish with my ha for the last few month. Tonight I was really knocked back. I was sitting in the kitchen watching you-tube video when suddenly it was like things went black for a second. Then it was like the light kept dimming and stuff. It's really sent me into a spin. My chest hurts know and it's hard to get breath. I guess this part is the anxiety! I've had neck pain for the last few days but I was putting that down to leaning over for work/college. My head been spacy but I've had anxiety in other area of my life so I wasn't to worried about that.

I had my eye' test around ten months ago and everything was good. They told me not to come back for two years? Should maybe it was a blip? It wasn't like a blink- I know what thats like. This was just like things going dark and I was aware. I'm keeping well off google!

Added on:
My eyes now feel some discomfort but I'm unsure if this is just me being hyper aware now! As well as a snuffy nose but I've had that on and off for along time

nomorepanic
25-04-19, 22:53
are you sure the lights didn't actually dim?

SarahNah
25-04-19, 22:57
are you sure the lights didn't actually dim?

Thank you for the reply, I mean...if I'm being honest this could be the case but I was looking at my phone at the time and it went black also. It could just be a collapse in judgement? That I'm being hyper-aware about. Tbh the only thing I'm happy about was I felt myself going to type into into google and pulled away. I know I should have talked myself down fully but it's the biggest scare I've gotten in along time!

SnowyGreen
26-04-19, 01:57
This has happened to me many many times, things go darker and everything looks dimmer. For me, this is derealisation, especially when I was concentrating on something, like a book, screen, movie etc. Don't give it any extra thought, just chalk it up as one of the strange symptoms of anxiety.

SarahNah
26-04-19, 22:16
This has happened to me many many times, things go darker and everything looks dimmer. For me, this is derealisation, especially when I was concentrating on something, like a book, screen, movie etc. Don't give it any extra thought, just chalk it up as one of the strange symptoms of anxiety.

Thank you so much foe the reply x! I really calmed down foe most of the night. Thinking it was a once off. But when I went to bed I started strange head pains/feeling had another one of those one don't want to die in my sleep again nights :( I've not not had in a super long time. My head still feels strange mostly today and it's bad again tonight. The weather's been rough here so I'm trying to tell myself about it might be a mix os stress and weather pressue etc.

I have a appointment with my gp in two weeks time anyway (since ive gone vegan I have to go in for blood tests alot since I was lacking in some things around but we're trying to work on a plan to help that as being vegan as help my body in so many other ways!)

SarahNah
26-04-19, 23:38
I was on facetime with my boyfriend and the flash of like black for a second happened again. Its not like just the lights are going down. Its actually like blackness for a second :(

Fishmanpa
27-04-19, 00:18
You're wound tighter than a '59 humbucker and are hyper-aware of everything at the moment so anything you perceive can be construed as sinister. Your anxiety can also create perceptions. For what its worth, personally, based on your post history, I think its of no concern. Of course, if you're that concerned, contact your GP.

Positive thoughts

jray23
27-04-19, 01:24
First of all, congratulations on overcoming the urge to check with Dr. Google!

If this light dimming/blanking etc is only happening very briefly, so brief that you can't even quite put your finger on if/what actually happened, then...who cares (being completely serious)?

Although (and I very much have personal bias affecting me here in saying this part), this makes me wonder if perhaps you have some kind of migraine thing:
But when I went to bed I started strange head pains/feeling ... {anxiety/panic} ... My head still feels strange mostly today and it's bad again tonight. The weather's been rough here. Heck, if needed, use that as a "logical explanation" if you start feeling panicked again.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SarahNah
28-04-19, 01:12
Thank you all for the replies! Some wonderful bits of info in here :)! I'm going to wait to see my doctor until I'm meant to go in to talk about my diet stuff. Like Jray23 said- what's the point in worrying if I can't put my finger on it. It's not some big pressuring thing pushing and pushing

I went out for one of my best friends birthday tonight and enjoyed everything without anxiety- something I've not done in along time. I know I had a blip but I think this is the best I handle something- even if it's a small thing. No google and no jumping out of plans after it!

jray23
29-04-19, 05:42
That's a huge win! Now you've got a positive experience to look back on of how you felt the anxiety and panic start to creep in but you didn't give in and let it stop you!

SarahNah
07-05-19, 21:51
That's a huge win! Now you've got a positive experience to look back on of how you felt the anxiety and panic start to creep in but you didn't give in and let it stop you!

So sorry for the large gap in reply! I've been trying to make myself have less screen time over-all! (I'm very guilty of this and I had exams...So extra time trying to avoid study haha)
Thank you for replying Jray23 :bighug1:

I've been mostly good! I've had some strange head-pains at times etc etc, lots of little things but no google for me! I'm putting alot of it down to little things! Nothing big- I've had so many tests after all. I've had little moments of anxiety of course! But doing my best to over-come! it's all about the ups and downs!

jray23
08-05-19, 06:02
Ha, let me know how the screen time cleanse goes. I'm a slave to my phone! I need help!

SarahNah
08-05-19, 20:42
Ha, let me know how the screen time cleanse goes. I'm a slave to my phone! I need help!

I've tried using a app that limits my screen time....I did un-download load it a few times as I wanted more time then it allowed me! :roflmao:

jray23
09-05-19, 00:21
Oh yeah I did that too! Never put it back on though.

SarahNah
11-05-19, 22:42
So all been going good for awhile....when tonight I had a bad moment. I was putting make up on when suddenly my left eye became blurry. I looked to see if any make up had gotten on it- there was no make up but both of my eye's were blood shoot and my pupils were changing in size by the second- rather unevenly. I was taken aback. I've been sitting here trying to stay calm. Not looking at my eye's- my left one seems really blurry and bad. I know I'm probs being way to aware of everything but with some of the other issues I've had....I know this is a blip. Just make up or maybe hitting my eye to hard with the beauty blender.

I allowed myself one look and my eye's (especially the left one) are still blood shoot :( Like if my close my right eye it all looks so blurry through the left. Ugh, I was doing so well!

SarahNah
12-05-19, 20:31
I manged to get a decent enough amount of sleep last night. The strange blurriness was there in the left eye for awhile. I also got some intense small moments of pain in my left temple--but I manged a ten hour day at work. There was some bad moments but I'm at home again. Its like fear of the pain or blurriness coming back again. I do have a therapy appointment tomorrow evening btw

SarahNah
13-05-19, 01:04
I've noticed my neck is rather tense? I don't know if this is causing alot of it or what. It's a strange feeling all of this.

SarahNah
14-05-19, 02:58
So had a horrible day! Worried about tumors, brain Aneurysm- etc etc. I knew someone who had a aneurysm and it took two weeks for them to die after it happened. All selfish thinking I know and I'm horrible for it.

I spoke to my therapist tonight about how my health anxiety seems to be pushing forward once again, we're going to push the session onto that again and hope I can work on getting in control once again. I feel like a failure.

SarahNah
14-05-19, 04:57
I'm trying to control it and I know I did a big write on another page but I'm trying to sleep as it's near 5 am here and I just got the strange feeling like I can't even describe it it felt like I was losing like control of my brain or something? Like I had to sit up in bed and take several deep breaths. I can't even explain it right in going thought some strange feelings and I'm totally panicking

SarahNah
14-05-19, 05:24
Sorry for all the posting.... I'm just rather alone right now and I'm feeling scared everything I close my eyes my heads iss stenge. Sometimes of things they will be here so enough

SarahNah
14-05-19, 05:47
[QUOTE=SarahNah;1873782]Sorry for all the posting.... I'm just rather alone right now and I'm feeling scared everything I close my eyes my heads is strange. I tried rubbing the sides of my head to easy me and it felt all strange and pressue on the left and the rights good but I'm more stressed and upset. I feel like I'm having a totally melt down by myself. Like I'm propbaly being overly scared but it all. So strange and in alone /QUOTE]

SarahNah
14-05-19, 05:57
My breaths feel struggled and my heart feels strange. I'm crying I haven't had a night this bad in forever. I close my eyes and jolted back away in fear. I close my eyes and its like shock keeping me awake. My head is hurting again and I'm in fear

BlueIris
14-05-19, 07:05
It's a panic attack. They're awful, but you can get through this.

SarahNah
14-05-19, 21:16
I'm always embrassed after my melt down here, I'm sorry for anyone that read it. I know I should be better then this, I can be better then this.

I has work today and I end up going to the pharmacy because my eye on the right side swelled up so much I could bearly see out of it. She told me straight out I had to go to the doctor. It was after six so I had no choice but to go to the out of hours as it was getting bad. Lucky my roommate gave me some money as I'm not getting paid until Thursday.

So basically I have a infection (I have really bad acne) under the eye causing the swelling. Im in tablets for that now. They did a few simple things in there as well like blood pressue, temperature etc.

So I'm going to live another day, my Mam actually dropped me down to the medical center since its far away form where I live and at first I thoight she thoight I was being dramaict by saying it was swelling.... But when she saw my face she did leave out a few comments I won't post here now 😂 she taken me very nicely somewhere to eat now to have with my tablets. I have also connected my therapist to tell her about my night last night and we'll have a phone appointment in the coming days.

SarahNah
14-05-19, 21:17
It's a panic attack. They're awful, but you can get through this.

Thank you so much for the reply ❤️ I know it can be horrid and I was doing so well. I'll do my best to overcome this all again. Thank you again x

SarahNah
16-05-19, 09:02
The spot/ance had started to brust open this morning and slowly alot of yellow stuff and blood have been leaking out.... Its horrid! I don't understand how people like those pimple watching videos having to deal with this :redcard:.

Hopefully this is all a good sign and I won't be worrying anymore about infections and all that! I still have another few days of tablets to take

SarahNah
16-05-19, 20:05
The swelling has gone down alot! Not fully but it seems to be going well over-all. The tablets are giving me the worst acid/heartburn I've had in along time. So lots of gavison.

My parents both got horrible news about unexpected deaths due to accidents of close friends in the last two days, so the mood is very down here. Trying to help them and stuff

SarahNah
18-05-19, 01:14
Just a update: The infected area looks so, so much BETTER thankfully x I had another fully day of tablets ahead.

Sadly, on the left side (not the side with the infected area). I've been getting pain in the temple area and behind the eye again :(. It tends to be worse in the evening/night time? I'm currently on my period and wondering if it's all hormonal? Like I try rubbing my temples area to sooth it and the left side seems hard-less moment then the other. Stuipd reasons to worry. I know. Our bodies aren't the same! Hyper-aware I had my eye's tested less then a year ago and I think I was getting a kinda the same issue back then? Ugh. Sorry for complaining so much :(

SarahNah
20-05-19, 23:34
I finished off the tablets anyway today....The infection has gone down alot! Thankfully!

I'm still having alot of issues with headpain/pressure/ now around my eye's especially here...makes me worried about things lol and nose. It's also like of pressure/pain when I move my head or stand up also....I remember this time last year I had something like this.I have a sinus spray and trying that out for the last few days....I know since this has been going on over a week and it's in different areas alot..so pushing on! I'm going to Germany for a week so Its all cleared up by Monday