PDA

View Full Version : Tremor in left hand

Dazzlar13
26-04-19, 10:26
Hi all,

Over the past 6 months or so I have developed a tremor in my left hand. It only seems to happen if my hand is doing something like picking up a cup. But its got to the point where I scalded myself passing my boss a cup of tea. It sometimes does it if I am typing on my phone with that hand. I went to the doctor and they have referred me to a neurologist. But that appointment isn't until August.

I know it isn't Parkinsons but it could potentially be MS.

I am on Promazine so I suspected it was that but my doctor said it would be in both hands if it was.

Anyone on here suffered from this?

KK77
26-04-19, 12:43
Could be nerve irritation, muscle fatigue, tension etc, all made worse and exacerbated by our anxiety levels. Are you left-handed?

I really don't think you should be worried. And as for MS, you would have far more serious symptoms alongside a tremor.

Dazzlar13
26-04-19, 15:01
Could be nerve irritation, muscle fatigue, tension etc, all made worse and exacerbated by our anxiety levels. Are you left-handed?

I really don't think you should be worried. And as for MS, you would have far more serious symptoms alongside a tremor.
Thanks for the reply, I suspect it to be a trapped nerve or essential tremor.

I'm right handed and if it was that hand I wouldn't be too worried as I ruptured a tendon in that a few years ago.

Glad to hear you dont think its anything serious.