PDA

View Full Version : Awful health anxiety

Mabird
28-04-19, 15:11
Hi everyone. I am a lady of a certain menopausal age and have been struggling for a while now. I have a history of depression and anxiety stemming from postnatal depression 26 years ago! I am mostly fine and keep on the straight and narrow by taking Citalopram. At the moment, I am having a health issue where I suffered a massive bleed and have been diagnosed with a polyp which needs removing under general. It seems that my health anxiety has kicked in big time now and I have good days and bad. I am utterly terrified of developing cancer. I feel sick even going to the GP. I think what's made things worse is that I'm in line for redundancy at work too. Too much going on maybe. Just looking for some support really. Many thanks and hope everyone is reasonably ok today :)

venusbluejeans
28-04-19, 15:26
Hiya Mabird and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: