PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety relapse

its1111
28-04-19, 17:24
Well it appears my HA is back... and it kills me. I went for years without it, now why is it back? I wish I knew how to stop it- it pretty much just went away on its own last time. However, I think it may be tied to a birth control pill I re-started, but have to take for various health reasons.

Anyway, I need to be talked off a ledge for a pain in my thigh. I am getting shooting pains in the inner thigh in the same spot- there is a large vein there that I can see- but I worry of blood clots, especially having restarted the pill. I hate worrying because it ruins my day... but when the pain shoots, it’s all I think about.

I have been speaking to a counselor online to try and help with this, but I just feel anxious for no reason. I’m hoping between her and you all, I can break the cycle again. Thanks for your help.

Js2019
29-04-19, 02:09
Anxiety comes in waves; it ebbs and flows. I notice I go awhile without having symptoms then they hit me. Birth control can also cause hormonal shifts. As for your leg pain, you would know if it was a clot. A DVT would cause intense pain; there would be no doubt it was an emergency. All is good. Reassurance from your primary care doctor might help, but those w/ health anxiety will start to worry again. All is well!! Be positive.
Magnesium supplements are great for muscle aches I take them everyday.

Andy699
29-04-19, 04:08
I agree with Js2019, although I'm male and don't know anything about the pill, I agree that HA comes in waves. A DVT would be intensely hot to the touch and would cause immense pain. I think everyone experiences anxiety in different ways and in our case it's just about our health. Can you think of anything that might have triggered your anxiety? In my case it's people I know, elderly neighbour got diagnosed with a brain tumour... I worry about headaches. A guy I met has HIV... I worry about HIV etc. All the best, try not to worry (SO much easier said then done lol) feel free to inbox if you need to chat