PDA

View Full Version : Bowel issues

Su29
29-04-19, 15:01
Would like to hear if anyone has the same issues with their bowel movements as I do, and do they seem to relate to IBS. I can go normally once or twice a day, then maybe the next day it starts off ok but then gets gradually softer and looser, but not to the true diarrhea stage. I might then not go for a day or two, then have slight constipation. It will then go back to normal, but sometimes I can go four or five times in a day instead of the usual once or twice. When I get to the going progressively looser stage I have slight abdominal discomfort. Is it ok to have 4 or 5 normal bowel movements on some days, from what I've read it always says no more than 3. Would be so grateful to hear from anyone who has similar issues.

BlueIris
29-04-19, 15:06
I often have 4 or 5, frequently with the pattern you've described. I think a lot of others here would say similar, too.

nomorepanic
29-04-19, 15:51
4-5 a day is normal for me and the consultant has never been worried about it.

jalapeno1234
29-04-19, 23:29
pretty much me. AAAAAlways changing but my diet is literally ranging from breads and pastas to spicy tomato based things and veg. Thats on top of 1 to 2 coffees a day and chocolate... lost track of whats "normal" anymore but I havent had going for one "normal" one a day in a lonnnng time. Its either feeling like I need to go twice a day or 2-3 days of nothing