PDA

View Full Version : Red bits on toilet paper after wiping.

KrankerMann
11-01-19, 09:02
Hello everyone,
For a few months now I've been having GI issues. It started with seeing what seemed to be some red blood in and on the stool. I seen a doctor who assured me there's no cause for concern. Since then though I've examined my stools and BMs in great detail, and I've been having back/side aches that come and go. Again, doctor isn't concerned and thinks they're posture and/or anxiety related.

Today though I almost had a panic attack after my BM. I've been trying to overcome my HA and stop examining my stools in great detail, but today I took a glance and I really wish I hadn't. The stool was mostly a brown colour, but there was a patch, perhaps a penny size, of black in it. Panic instantly descended. Also, when I wiped, there seemed to be a small amount of red blood on the paper. After passing, my rectum sometimes feels a bit sore.

Could I have IBS? Does it sound like blood? Would colon cancer present as wholly bloody stools, not just a penny sized spot? Thinking back yesterday, I ate some bacon, tuna with salad, plus curry with bread.

I'd greatly appreciate some support and advice. Perhaps a stool test and colonoscopy is the only way out of this rut. Thanks for your time.

Midnight-mouse
11-01-19, 10:44
If I’m honest it sounds like there was just a bit of something you ate in your stool.

Black stools that are of concern are very obvious, you would instantly know something is wrong.

A little fresh blood when you wipe could very well just be a little cut, or maybe hemorrhoids, nothing to be concerned about.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrankerMann
11-01-19, 11:40
Thanks for the reply midnight mouse.

After calming down I'm able to think a bit better. Firstly, I forgot to mention that I'm taking erythromycin antibiotics for an ear infection _ a common side effect is bowel discomfort, which could explain the yellowish colour and undigested food. I've no family history of bowel cancers and I'm 26 years of age, so I think and hope it's somewhat unlikely.

The abdominal aches and pains get to me though. They're usually around the right side, a dull ache that feels like tired muscles. Or it's a slight pinprick, stabby sensation around my belly button. I wonder if it's IBS.

KrankerMann
11-01-19, 21:18
Hello,

As most of you are, I am a recovering HA sufferer. In the past year, I've diagnosed myself with diseases of all kinds in all areas of the body. I've had blood tests, ECGs, my bits fondled and a finger up my bum. However, at the minute I am tackling what feels like the final boss of health anxiety - bowel cancer.

I've been tackling GI issues for a couple of months now. It all started after passing a stool that seemed to have some red in and on it. I'm not even sure if it was blood, as the stool was light brown and thus passed quickly, so could have been undigested food. Nevertheless, this was the start of a total and complete meltdown.

Since then, I've experienced numerous symptoms that I have attributed to a growing tumour and cancer of the colon. I'll try to summarise. For reference, I am an otherwise healthy 26 year old male, with no immediate family cases of any diseases.

- a strange 'nipping' sensation around my stomach. On a scale of 1-10 pain, it's probably a 1 - barely noticable, but it feels like a pin is pricking my skin. It most often happens to the right of my navel, but sometimes other areas too. Some days this is quite prominent, others it doesn't happen.

- back and side ache. This started off pretty bad a few weeks ago but has eased off somewhat. It was mainly the lower back and right side, occassionally on the left, an achy feeling that came and went. It was often relieved by laying down or sitting comfortably.
- regular stomach gurgling and growling. Again this was worse before and eased off somewhat, but at times it was pretty loud and embarrassing. It could be accompanied by gas.

- I've had fresh red blood on the TP a couple of times. I've seen two doctors who showed no concern at all, and said it was either a fissure or haemerroids. This is when I got the finger-up-the-bum test but the doctor found nothing. She did say my back passage was tight and this could be because of fissures.

- weird and wonderful stools. Sometimes they're hard and long and I strain to get them out. Other times they're soft, light and contain strange colours. Today I had a meltdown because there was a black patch on my light brown stool. Despite my initial assessment, I'm now reasonably happy it was just undigested food. Sometimes there can be one or two sausage shaped stools, other times numerous smaller ones.

- urgency to defecate, which often seems to be stronger on a morning. Not sure if this is just the time I'm ready to go or there's something about mornings. It can come on pretty quickly. On the other hand, if I ignore the urge for a little while it disappears and I don't need to go any more. Strange.

- after passing a stool, my rectum sometimes feels uncomfortable. Not quite burning, not quite pain, but something, and it's sometimes uncomfortable to sit down or walk. Is this indicative of a fissure or haemoerroid?

That's a brief summary of my troubles thus far. If it's not too much, I'd like to ask some "killer questions" just to set my mind at ease.

1. Does the above sound indicative of something like IBS or just an anxious digestive system? Would a black patch on stool be a sign of internal bleeding or just a piece of food?

2. Does the red blood and anal discomfort sound like an anal fissure or haemoerroids?

3. Would cancer cause persistently bloody stools and abdominal pains that don't come and go? Or can it wax and wane?
4. Finally, and most importantly, do I need to worry? And if not, how do I know when to be concerned?

If you've made it this far, thank you very much for reading. :yesyes: I'm trying to beat HA and I'm making some progress, but the fear of CRC is just extreme. I will say this - I do think many of my symptoms are linked to anxiety and stress. They're often worse when I'm at work or separated from my wife, and when I'm at home, with my wife, I'm much calmer and relaxed. The pricking sensation fades and the general stomach discomfort isn't as strong. Perhaps this is all that needs to be said, I don't know.

I'm very interested to hear your replies and would greatly appreciate your input.

lukeneal26
11-01-19, 22:52
To be honest I probably have a handful of what your would call a normal bowel moment a year if I'm lucky haha..I get back ache and stomach aches at least once a month and I've had these for years and I'm still here lol! Diet and exercise is key for stomach issues and when mines mad it's usually from eating the wrong foods! You you smoke,drinks or take any medications?

KrankerMann
12-01-19, 09:38
To be honest I probably have a handful of what your would call a normal bowel moment a year if I'm lucky haha..I get back ache and stomach aches at least once a month and I've had these for years and I'm still here lol! Diet and exercise is key for stomach issues and when mines mad it's usually from eating the wrong foods! You you smoke,drinks or take any medications?

I guess funny looking stools are just normal for anxiety sufferers. I don't drink or smoke, though I have been taking a course of erythromycin for an ear infection, which can cause stomach and bowel problems. I guess I should wait a couple of days after the course is finished before getting concerned over bowels.

lukeneal26
12-01-19, 18:19
Yeah when you have anxiety there is no such thing as a normal poop haha! Medication will do that to you. Do you drink a lot off tea or coffee?

Midnight-mouse
12-01-19, 18:26
All of these are what I would describe as my norm! I have ibs/anxious stomach things going on.

I’m more likely to panic about a ‘normal’ sensation indicating my need to go to the bathroom.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

KrankerMann
14-01-19, 15:01
My stools have mostly floated for as long as I remember. I've finished a course of antibiotics for an ear infection and now they don't float. The antibiotics gave me some GI symptoms, including nausea, loose stools and stomach pains. What could the cause of this be?

jojo2316
14-01-19, 15:34
Floating stools are usually caused by gas. Gas in the bowel is mostly caused by bacteria. Maybe the balance of your bacteria has been disrupted by the antibiotics and so less gas is being produced. Just guessing...

KrankerMann
16-01-19, 12:28
This has happened a couple of time now. Today I passed a fairly large stool that seemed to be a healthy brown colour, no blood on it. Wiping, however, left a streak of blood on the toilet paper. The blood was bright red and therefore probably fresh. There was no pain passing the stool, but sometimes after I pass I feel a discomfort, or a slight burning sensation in my rectum.

Is this evidence of a fissure? I thought fissures were meant to cause pain when passing, so it concerns me that it's fairly painless. Anyone have experience of painless fissures, or discomfort following passing?

nomorepanic
16-01-19, 15:30
Yes it could be a tear or piles and they don't always have to hurt

KrankerMann
17-01-19, 09:48
On occasion when I wipe there is a small amount of bright red blood. I know - it's not digested blood so not coming from the digestive system. But it still concerns me. Is BC blood always darker red or black? Would it be constant and coat each and every stool? Would it come in tandem with other symptoms? I've not lost weight, I don't feel overly tired or ill, I still have a healthy appetite.. But this irregular, red blood concerns me.

Thanks for any assistance.

BlueIris
17-01-19, 09:51
If there's a small amount of bright red blood from time to time, it's much more likely to be piles or a fissure.

KrankerMann
18-01-19, 08:05
Thanks for the reply. I've been told that by two doctors already but I struggle to believe them. Is side ache a symptom of BC? Sometimes my sides ache, not all the time and sometimes worse than others, often relieved by laying down. I'm just in a BC rabbit hole unfortunately.

BlueIris
18-01-19, 08:18
I'm sorry, HA is horrible. If multiple doctors have checked you out, though, the problem is pretty much definitely anxiety.

Are you on meds and/or receiving therapy?

Elen
18-01-19, 08:19
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

KrankerMann
18-01-19, 09:41
I'm sorry, HA is horrible. If multiple doctors have checked you out, though, the problem is pretty much definitely anxiety.

Are you on meds and/or receiving therapy?

Yep, it sure is horrible. :roflmao:

I've been to a counsellor but didn't find it much use. She just mainly wanted to talk about what's happening and how I feel, not develop strategies to overcome.

It's just the variety of symptoms freak me out. I have regular BMs every day but they're often a bit mushy. Seeing blood on the toilet paper sends me into a total spiral. There's a spot around my belly button that sometimes has a tiny amount of pain, probably 0.5/10, but my brain just instantly jumps GROWING TUMOUR. It does feel like it's coming from my skin or muscles though, so perhaps it's muscular muscle tension? Same with the aches down my sides and back? I'm not even sure if they're symptoms of BC but my brain tells me they must be.

If I'm being obsessive and weird, please do let me know.

BlueIris
18-01-19, 10:16
I don't think you're being weird or obsessive, but I do think you're being hypervigilant.

I think it's absolutely laudable that you're looking for ways to get yourself past this - there are some excellent resources available on this site, plus it may be worth looking at finding a therapist who'll do CBT with you.

jojo2316
18-01-19, 10:20
I don't think you're being weird or obsessive, but I do think you're being hypervigilant.

I think it's absolutely laudable that you're looking for ways to get yourself past this - there are some excellent resources available on this site, plus it may be worth looking at finding a therapist who'll do CBT with you.

HA often makes us obsessive - I think it belongs in the OCD drawer. But you seem to have a good awareness of what is going on, so I think that gives hope that you will recover or at least learn to live with your anxiety. You really need to see a CBT therapist. They challenge the faulty thought patterns and arm you with strategies that interrupt the health anxiety cycle. You can do this!

KrankerMann
18-01-19, 15:24
Just had my daily BM, slightly more constipated than usual and when wiping yet more red blood came away. Only on the first wipe, second wipe onwards was clear. Is this a good sign? Stools themselves didn't seem to be bloody.. This is really starting to stress me. Although I'm not having a total meltdown as of yet thankfully.

KrankerMann
22-01-19, 17:08
A rather strange question but after visiting the doctor for some minor anus bleeding, they said I had either fissures or hemerroids. I just want to know if I'm imagining things, or if hemorroids can be felt.

I sometimes feel 'something' just around my rectum. It's hard to describe, but it just feels like something is there. Sometimes after passing a BM I get sore around there, (and occassionally see a drop or two of fresh red blood) and it sometimes irritates to walk and sit. It itches occassionally, and as nasty as it probably sounds, it can feel like something is trying to 'get out.'

None of this is constant, it comes and goes, which makes me feel like I may just be imagining it. Or is that indicative of a hemorroid?

nomorepanic
22-01-19, 17:18
Yes you can feel them.

Elen
22-01-19, 17:18
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

MyNameIsTerry
23-01-19, 01:46
A rather strange question but after visiting the doctor for some minor anus bleeding, they said I had either fissures or hemerroids. I just want to know if I'm imagining things, or if hemorroids can be felt.

I sometimes feel 'something' just around my rectum. It's hard to describe, but it just feels like something is there. Sometimes after passing a BM I get sore around there, (and occassionally see a drop or two of fresh red blood) and it sometimes irritates to walk and sit. It itches occassionally, and as nasty as it probably sounds, it can feel like something is trying to 'get out.'

None of this is constant, it comes and goes, which makes me feel like I may just be imagining it. Or is that indicative of a hemorroid?

Sounds like piles to me. They get inflamed so they feel like they are popping out to play if they are near to "the exit". :biggrin: You can feel like you are sitting on something, something is rubbing or just sensation in that area.

KrankerMann
25-03-19, 18:06
I have had full bloods and calprotectin test taken recently, would they detect something amiss? After weeks of fine BMs with no blood, I think I detected a tiny bit of red blood on the tissue today. We're talking less than a 1mm in size, but it looked red blood to me. I wiped a couple of times and I seen it, along with a tiny red smear. Is it rational to notice such a tiny amount? This, coupled with the back ache and weird aches I get has me panicked.

Many thanks.

Capercrohnj
25-03-19, 20:40
Not that I know of. I've only had it done/seen it used to see how active my Crohn's disease is(by showing how much inflammation I have in my intestines).

glittery
26-03-19, 02:42
I have had full bloods and calprotectin test taken recently, would they detect something amiss? After weeks of fine BMs with no blood, I think I detected a tiny bit of red blood on the tissue today. We're talking less than a 1mm in size, but it looked red blood to me. I wiped a couple of times and I seen it, along with a tiny red smear. Is it rational to notice such a tiny amount? This, coupled with the back ache and weird aches I get has me panicked.

Many thanks.

I got it done recently as well as the doctor wanted to check if I have any inflammation inside, so this is often used as an inflammation marker. Tiny red blood can result from a lot of things and does not mean Bowel Cancer, in fact, BC's blood is a lot darker and usually mixed in with the stool, and even then it can be inflammation mostly. Blood can however indicate external or internal roids, fissures, inflammation in your colon. How old are you though?

KrankerMann
26-03-19, 07:34
Thanks Glittery. My blood test and calprotectin test came back all clear so there's no inflammation, though the doctor did say the test indicates I have IBS.
I've been told by four medical professionals (two GPs, a nurse practitioner and an intensive care nurse) that there is nothing wrong with me. Of course I can't believe them.

I've just read stories of BC being diagnosed after red blood being found. I wonder if this means dark red blood. All blood I see is pretty miniscule in amount and bright red. I'm 26 by the way with no family history of cancer of any kind. I know, "too young" to have it, but people have had it younger.

It's the minute amounts of blood with the ache and pains around my abdomen that concern me. My right side aches quite a lot and can migrate around to my lower ajf mid back. My left side sometimes also, and I get slight sharp pain around my stomach, the belly button, the pit of my stomach etc.

BlueIris
26-03-19, 07:41
The fact that the pain shifts around is a strong indicator there's nothing much wrong.

Also, y'know, the fact that four people with more medical training than you have have told you outright.

KrankerMann
26-03-19, 09:48
Thanks BlueIris. I do try to believe them but my own studies under the tutelage of Dr Google tell me they're wrong. Sad, I know.

What's the science behind the migratory pain? Why is that a good sign, and why is static pain not good?

BlueIris
26-03-19, 10:00
Broadly put, tumours don't wander around your bowel like little cancerous gophers.

glittery
26-03-19, 10:07
Thanks Glittery. My blood test and calprotectin test came back all clear so there's no inflammation, though the doctor did say the test indicates I have IBS.
I've been told by four medical professionals (two GPs, a nurse practitioner and an intensive care nurse) that there is nothing wrong with me. Of course I can't believe them.

I've just read stories of BC being diagnosed after red blood being found. I wonder if this means dark red blood. All blood I see is pretty miniscule in amount and bright red. I'm 26 by the way with no family history of cancer of any kind. I know, "too young" to have it, but people have had it younger.

It's the minute amounts of blood with the ache and pains around my abdomen that concern me. My right side aches quite a lot and can migrate around to my lower ajf mid back. My left side sometimes also, and I get slight sharp pain around my stomach, the belly button, the pit of my stomach etc.

People have had it younger but I would like to believe those cares were very rare, and had worsening symptoms. Just those rare cases make it to the news. Most people won't tell you how nothing was wrong with them over the internet. I think we should tell ourselves that the chances of dying from a road accident is a lot higher for us considering our age tbh.

And btw, I just read a research that says even the younger ones who get it "usually" have a family history of cancers.

KrankerMann
09-04-19, 20:27
I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to proceed as I do feel at the end of my tether and I can feel myself possibly slipping into depression over it. The dreaded bowel cancer has totally consumed my life. It started over 5 months ago with what I thought to be blood in/on a stool, but I'm not even sure if it was. If blood were in the stool, wouldn't it also discolour the water? This didn't. Though since then I have seen blood on the toilet paper two or three times, never much but enough to notice, and I have had a whole host of stomach/bowel related issues.

For months I have varied between constipation, normal stools and loose, mushy stools. Honestly, I'm too frightened to even look at them now and just flush away, but on the few occassions I have looked, they seem to be of normal colour. My latest obsession though is checking the toilet paper, where sometimes I think I see small, darker, potentially black specks on the paper and I immediately think blood. I highly doubt blood would appear as a tiny, pinhead sized dot on toilet paper, right? I'm ashamed to admit I've shone lights over my stools to examine them and seen all sorts of weird and wonderful things: light bits, dark bits, black bits, white bits... some float, some sink, some are large, others small. I get gurgles, pops and whistles all over my back and abdomen. Some days are worse than others. My sides constantly ache or feel tense and I get small, nipping type sensations around my stomach, near the belly button and up near the ribs. I'm not sure if this is muscular or bowel, but my mind instantly screams 'tumour.'

I've seen no less than 4 medical professionals and all have said "it's not cancer." I've had two finger-up-the-bum tests, two physical stomach examinations, a full blood test (all clear) and a faecal calprotectin test (also clear). Doctors have said a tiny amount of red blood they aren't concerned about. However, my concern is what if the blood is invisible? I haven't had a FOB test, which I understand is the main first step in ruling out cancers.

Part of me is saying "get the FOB test, and when it comes back all clear there's no need to worry." It probably won't be as simple as that though, knowing the anxious mind. Lately I've been in a real rut, and I have honestly strongly considered a private colonoscopy just to end this nightmare one way or another. Am I justified in going back to the doctors yet again and requesting an FOB test? If it's clear, can I rest easy? I'm just honestly not sure how to proceed, and would greatly appreciate some input and guidance. Thanks for reading.

KK77
09-04-19, 20:37
If it's clear, can I rest easy? I'm just honestly not sure how to proceed, and would greatly appreciate some input and guidance. Thanks for reading.

This is the central question. If you think you can move on after further invasive tests, then do so. However, my "gut" feeling is that you need to work and focus more on your HA.

So my question would be: How many tests will it take to "reassure" you that there is nothing sinister going on?

Sunshinegirl82
09-04-19, 20:46
I had the whole black bits issue ... il be honest I had some grilled Lebanese’s food and with it was a grill onion next day on the tissue was a big black piece almost charred panicked put it in a tub (picked up with tweezers) had appointment that morning with doctors showed it her and she said it was undigested food having lots or herbs and spices does this. She said if it was blood it would be black and tarry and sticky, I hope this helps.
My sides ribs and stomach also hurt but lanzaprzole did the trick I think I had acid reflux

KrankerMann
09-04-19, 20:52
This is the central question. If you think you can move on after further invasive tests, then do so. However, my "gut" feeling is that you need to work and focus more on your HA.

So my question would be: How many tests will it take to "reassure" you that there is nothing sinister going on?

I feel I need to work on my HA too, but no doctor I have seen has taken it seriously so far. They say "you're just anxious, don't worry about it." Which is a pointless thing to say to an anxious person!

I'd like to believe a clear FOB test would put my mind at rest, but then I know I'd jump to thinking "what if the tumour just stopped bleeding, I need a colonosocopy." The colonosocopy is the holy grail, the foolproof, irrefutable evidence. But no one else in the world except for me thinks I need one.

I had the whole black bits issue ... il be honest I had some grilled Lebanese’s food and with it was a grill onion next day on the tissue was a big black piece almost charred panicked put it in a tub (picked up with tweezers) had appointment that morning with doctors showed it her and she said it was undigested food having lots or herbs and spices does this. She said if it was blood it would be black and tarry and sticky, I hope this helps.
My sides ribs and stomach also hurt but lanzaprzole did the trick I think I had acid reflux

I'm not even sure if it were a 'bit', or just a bit of stool. There's nothing to pick up with tweezers, just a tiny mark on the TP amidst the "wipings." Yes I've heard the black and tarry and sticky advice, at least I haven't experienced that! Grateful for your kind words.

jray23
10-04-19, 01:54
I've seen no less than 4 medical professionals and all have said "it's not cancer."

So you have your answer already. Instead of chasing a non-existent cancer diagnosis, perhaps you should instead chase why your mind is causing you to doubt the thorough examination of four medical professionals?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

glittery
10-04-19, 04:14
How old are you?

I have had all the symptoms as you do for the last 2.5 months, and with time the symptoms have gone away or sometimes they do come back but then they go away again.

I developed a yeast infection and anal fissure after my antibiotic course. This caused little blood here and there sometimes when I would wipe. The fissures haven't healed completely yet.

If you are having ALL kinds of stools then trust me, you DO have IBS. One thing I have noticed about IBD or colon cancer is that they would persistently have loose stools for years, or would persistently have thin stools, or would persistently have constipation (and even then, they can be explained by IBS C or IBS D MOSTLY). My mum has IBS C for years.

My stools have been thin, flat, thick, big, green, orange, light brown, dark brown. They always keep changing from one day to another.

Please go through the link provided below to help yourself:

https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/Resources/Looking-After-Yourself/Health-Anxiety

glittery
10-04-19, 04:30
They have a complete workbook. I suggest you download it and print it.

KrankerMann
10-04-19, 19:36
Glittery, I wanted to thank you for posting that fantastic resource. It's essentially a mini-CBT course, and I've already done a couple of modules of it. It's more or less exactly what I've been looking for. I've done some CBT in the past and found it helpful, so I'm looking forward to getting into this.
Have you posted this elsewhere? I think many people would benefit from this and I think you should share it on the forum.

glittery
10-04-19, 22:52
Hi KrankerMann, glad you are using it to help yourself :')

No, I haven't posted it on a separate forum, but now that you said it I think I should :D

Sunshinegirl82
11-04-19, 18:37
Hi having done some research as I’m due a calproctein feacal test (ignore the spelling) research shows that the feacel test is more sensitive than a fob test .. I hope that helps

glittery
12-04-19, 02:09
Oh I didn't know that, but now that I googled I found a lot of studies which say calprotein test normally shows an abnormally high range if someone has crc.

Thanks for the info as I have done it before but still continued to worry :)

Sunshinegirl82
12-04-19, 06:46
Don’t know in other countries but in uk the gps now have to use a tool to make sure people under 50 are being treated in time if they have bowel cancer, if you show any red flags it’s straight to gastro doc regardless of age if you show IBS symptoms but no red flags then it’s a calprotein test and if the results for that come higher than normal then it’s straight to gastro.My doctor did say if the calprotein results came clear I could have colonoscopy for my reassurance so at that point I knew she’s only offering it to shut me up 🤦🏾*♀️ She herself is an IBS sufferer and said her gastro said lf the results are clear then more than likely the colonoscopy is clear. The cal protein test was actually introduced as an alternative to colonoscopy for people who did have IBS. So if you read a lot of old threads people probably did have colonoscopy or was told IBS because this test as far as I know has been only recently introduced.

glittery
12-04-19, 14:02
Great to hear that. I hope you dont go for a colonoscopy.

I went to the emergency department, not even a GP. And the doctor did a proctoscopy, DRE, physical examination, blood test and calprotectin test immediately. Found out later that they also do a FOBT test on every stool sample they receive.

It is a rule in Hong Kong's emergency department to take patients seriously regardless their age.

However, my doctor was very sure it isn't any sort of cancer

Sunshinegirl82
12-04-19, 19:57
Great to hear that. I hope you dont go for a colonoscopy.

I went to the emergency department, not even a GP. And the doctor did a proctoscopy, DRE, physical examination, blood test and calprotectin test immediately. Found out later that they also do a FOBT test on every stool sample they receive.

It is a rule in Hong Kong's emergency department to take patients seriously regardless their age.

However, my doctor was very sure it isn't any sort of cancer

Thank you GlittEry I hope so to, she was pretty much certain it will come back normal. But now I’m in another panic mode just found out ppi medication effects the calprotein levels, I just wish my gp told me this as I’ve been prescribed these and have been taking them for past ten days. I’ve spoke to my husband and my mum and we’ve decided that if the results are good then I need to put a break on it and not go for further tests as all il be doing is feeding my anxiety. I’ll just carry on asking test for several different cancers and what I really need to do is work on my cbt sessions. Just praying to god that it all goes well.

KrankerMann
01-05-19, 12:42
Hello all

I'm not sure what to make of this. When I wiped earlier today there was a small, red bit on the toilet paper. It was a sort of reddy pink colour and since the stool was somewhat loose was surrounded by some faecal matter. My mind instantly jumped to some sort of clot, could it be blood? It was there on the first wipe, slightly less on the second and gone on the third.

What would blood on the toilet paper look like? Would it be consistent and smeared over, not just as one small bit?

I recently had a full blood test and calprotectin test which came back fine. Physical and rectal exams also fine. I'm just at a loss as to what's going on.

Thanks.

BlueIris
01-05-19, 12:45
Haemorrhoid or fissure, most likely. Not a big deal.

Fishmanpa
01-05-19, 13:47
What did you eat?

Positive thoughts

Midnight-mouse
01-05-19, 14:22
What did you eat?

Positive thoughts

This would be my question too, and not just recently think back over the past couple of days too, transit times can be surprising at times.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Elen
01-05-19, 14:59
Hi

Elen

KrankerMann
01-05-19, 15:25
Thanks for the reply Blueiris, is it possible for bits of haemerroids or fissures to appear on the paper though?

Fishmanpa, yesterday I ate chicken and ham with salads. I had a handful of tomatoes, which I believe can be a culprit of suspicious red things?

Doctors have previously suggested it's "probably" piles or a fissure, but they've not been able to confirm. I'd really enjoy knowing for sure what's going on.

BlueIris
01-05-19, 15:33
If there's chunks, yeah, that'll be something you ate. Tomato and red pepper do it for me every time.

Midnight-mouse
01-05-19, 18:11
yesterday I ate chicken and ham with salads. I had a handful of tomatoes, which I believe can be a culprit of suspicious red things?

DEFINITELY! Honestly I would be more surprised if I didn’t see some evidence of foods in general but especially anything with a skin like that.

Positive vibes,

Mouse