PDA

View Full Version : How long does it last for you? and does anything trigger it ?

breeze25
11-09-07, 15:01
I suffer terrible anxiety and some days my thoughts are consumed by them pretty much all day constant, but then I can have days when I feel almost normal again and feel like I could conquer the world, then a few days later its here back again.

Nothing seems to happen to trigger it off, I can be fine one day, nothing happens out of the ordinary and the next I am bad again, it is so frustrating.

I am really going to have to consider taking ad's and really can not go on.

purplehaze
12-09-07, 10:49
Hi

Yea at the moment I am more or less the same and have constant fears and worries about the panic attacks. The best thing is to get advice and see if your doctor can provide meds in the short to medium term along with any counselling.
Nothing triggers off my attacks and I just wake with them each day. In fact so bad at the moment I cannot be by myself and spend most of my time in library or coffee shops at night. But I do know they get better as I had them many years ago and was panic free for many years, so there is hope:-)

Keep doing the "normal" things as best you can and try and understand what your going through.

take care

Big Bird
13-09-07, 12:48
Hi there,
Both of you have similar probelms to those I have been experiencing.
Positivity is the key issue in my life at the moment- I was always a positive person but these dreadful occurances took part of my confidence with them when they began a few weeks ago. I have developed a seige mentality when it hits me now and despite it being hard work on the outset, I feel I am beginning to conquer the feeling quicker than previous.
I have also found getting into a proper routine in the evening has given me more of relaxed nature which helps enormously. ie; A Warm Bath, A mug of warm milk, getting to bed at regular times. Once the sleep patterns were re established I could then get to grips with the attacks a little better.

Not to say I am not still having them - I have had one this morning and feel quite dreadful as I write, but I am at least not fearful of them and dealing with them so much better.

Hope this helps a little.

BB

ladygrom
13-09-07, 13:09
hi you will gradualy get better i sufferd anxiety 13 years ago i got over it but it came back 4 months ago i dont no why tc elaine

PUGLETMUM
13-09-07, 15:46
:weep: hiya mev,
im also feeling pretty much consumed by anxiety at the moment, and also like you purplehaze i have also developed this phobia of being on my own, and i am letting it make my life a misery. although i have been here before i just cannot seem to shake it.

my anxiety first came back after a period of stress between myself and my husband and i then had a couple of panics when i was alone, which then developed into intense chronic anxiety tha tlasted for a few weeks. i am now recovered from that but the phobia remains.

not sure what advice i can give as im not coping with it myself, just wanted you to know you are not alone and if you want o chat feel free to pm me any time

emma:winks:

breeze25
14-09-07, 13:50
thanks all, it is of some comfort that I am not alone.

I just cant shake off why I know something deep down, but yet I still let these thougths and feelings rule my life. We are supposed to be going out for a meal tonight round friends, everyone is looking forward to it except me and I worry that I wont be able to get thoughts out my head and ruin it for everyone, doesn't help that my hubby also suffers from a lifelong condition and when he suffering himself, I know he struggles hard with trying to understand anxiety/depression.

Lindalou64
14-09-07, 14:20
hello mev........ive noticed even for myself when i got this crap i hated to hear the length of time for the reason when someone is first experiencing the attacks they also they think they will have it as long as the next person........ok for yrs i have learned once you can really believe that they cant harm you and practice your breathing and muscle techniques,they will start to subside and get easier for you to deal with them...so when you go out for dinner its usually the anticapation what gets us just tell ya self i am ok i can leave if i must just knowing that always helped me anyways...just remember they wont harm you just an awful feeling once you accept that it will get easier.....i wish ya the best......go have dinner and have some fun..............linda xxx

bluebirds2005
14-09-07, 16:42
hi mev i seem to be struggling with my anxiety latley but the trigger for me is night time during the days i feel fine but my nights are constantly filled with anxiety.I think a lot of it is due to the fact that im expecting a panic attack to happen once it grows dark so it does but at the moment i feel like im stuck in a very big hole which i cant climb out of

breeze25
14-09-07, 18:35
I think what i find hard is that although I siffered 7 yrs ago with pnd which came with anxiety, I have not had anything for 5 years, and I can't shake the feeling why has it come back now?, I guess its still early days and once I have gone through plenty of worries about a particular health anxiety I guess I wil learn to do a little better with each one and hopefully get better in time. Ad's worked for me this time and think I may have to just take them again and see what happens and perhaps ask for counselling to see if that helps.

sazzle
14-09-07, 19:28
Ive no idea what triggers mine, i only know one thing that really does bring it on and thats after a night out on the booze, the next day is awful.

But ive been getting them on and off for most of the day today, its just great isnt it!

Zanxiety
15-09-07, 16:03
My anxiety usually lasts all day, although depending on the situation at some points in the day, it's higher and some other times it's lower. Things like doing something new, sleeping at night, talking to people and thinking about some of the past bad experiences I have often trigger my anxiety.

As for other sorts of anxiety such as Panic attacks, they regularly last for 20 to 30 minutes, but sometimes I get longer spells of panic usually related to worrying about things.

It's hard, I know and for the fact you feel as if your helpless and weak. One way I do help myself though is to believe with all the help there is out their I am going to get better one day and that anxiety is mostly caused by thoughts which are not dangerous, even though they do give the illusion that they are threatening.