PDA

View Full Version : Had a funny turn it’s always all or nothing.

DonnaT
01-05-19, 23:01
My anxiety is winning again and I’m a mess. The last few weeks I’ve had several different health problems I have had some pain in my chest just of the left of my sternum which comes and goes. I’ve also had times where I will be doing something then all of a sudden my breathing becomes slightly more difficult it’s not horrible but it just feels slightly shallow like somethings wrong. Two days ago I kept feeling a strange feeling in my left chest and I had palpitations on and off all day when I felt my hesrt rate it was going really fast so I took propranolol and it settled a bit. I was just making my children’s packed lunches and all of a sudden I felt my heart race I felt light headed and my face went a bit weird like it was moving without me doing anything.
Im now in a panic I’m now worried about my heart. I know we get palpitations and other things due to our anxieties but it just frightened me and it’s always easier to calm someone else down rather yourself but I’m in a state.
I’ve dealt with this anxiety crap for so long and I’m tired sooooo tired of it. It getting me down and very depressed I’ve had a lot on my plate at the minute which I know is contributing but I can’t remember the last time I was triply happy, or the last time I felt calm, My life is just full of fears and I’m soo tired of it.

nomorepanic
01-05-19, 23:18
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Carnation
02-05-19, 11:04
Donna, I've had that happen to me loads of times.
I grant it is scary and I'm not totally sure what causes it.
My only thought is shallow breathing.
Some regular mindful breathing exercises should help you with that. x

ankietyjoe
02-05-19, 15:41
Sounds like reflux

suemarieee
02-05-19, 20:26
Hi Donna
Sounds just like me. I've started on citalopram to try and help my health anxiety. it has worked for me in the past. I think we know these symptoms are anxiety when we keep getting different things. also if we're asking ourselves "is this anxiety?" it probably is. you know about it when you have a physical issue that's not anxiety xx

Kenton
05-05-19, 10:31
I know exactly how you feel, I had a funny turn the other day that I wrote about on here and I went all funny, it was awful. Like someone else said if you're asking if it's anxiety it 99 percent is. Being under pressure from other things doesn't help either. Like you im tired of it all, I'm sick of the constant worrying, the constant feeling rubbish with different symptoms, the constant feeling that I'm not enjoying things like I should be cause im so bloody worried there is something wrong all the time. I just want to enjoy my daughter and not be a worried mess all the time. So I know how you feel about being tired of it all x

DonnaT
07-05-19, 20:34
I have been thinking about everything recently and thinking about how much I’m wasting my life. The trouble is when your struggling with anxiety the fear is so real and takes over everything. I’ve had lower abdomen pain and pelvic pain on and off and my head is all over the place, I was told that I had a uti on Thursday and need I need antibiotics which I got but they made my anxiety really bad when I woke up so I’ve asked for different ones. I’m so worried about the pains but I think the GP’s are getting really annoyed with me about all my random symptoms.