PDA

View Full Version : scared over meningitis

socksrox
02-05-19, 07:06
due to my workplace, i tend to get sick a lot more often. being around kids does that to you! and just two days ago one kid threw up and got really sick suddenly, and i didnt want to leave him on his own so i sat with him and kept offering him water. now im day 2 into my illness feeling pretty damn bad.

yesterday i could hardly function, i was nauseous, i was falling asleep but couldnt stay asleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. my whole body was aching, i started shivering like mad at one point (but i did strip down to a glorified sports bra because i was so damn sweaty, i hate when youre in that hot/cold limbo while sick) and my throat is absolutely killing me. today i feel vaguely better but my throat issue has gotten worse and my neck feels stiff/sore and i swear i can even feel my tonsils. im constantly light-headed and get headaches when i try to sit up or walk.

i decided to look up my symptoms out of blissful innocence looking for ways to combat this horrible feeling i get at the base of my neck, and lo and behold was i shown article after article about meningitis. part of me wants to be rational because im pretty sure by now id be unconscious if i had unchecked meningitis, but the other part of me has been convinced ive been dying all day considering how much medicine hasnt been working that well for me. please help me!

BlueIris
02-05-19, 07:23
Honestly, this sounds to me like a vicious flu bug. If you're really worried it probably wouldn't hurt to seek medical attention, but purely from the point of view of relieving the symptoms. I've been convinced I had meningitis once or twice in my life, but I waited it out and it turned out to be some other, less dangerous nasty.

socksrox
02-05-19, 07:51
Honestly, this sounds to me like a vicious flu bug. If you're really worried it probably wouldn't hurt to seek medical attention, but purely from the point of view of relieving the symptoms. I've been convinced I had meningitis once or twice in my life, but I waited it out and it turned out to be some other, less dangerous nasty.

its just scary how many flu/fever symptoms correlate with meningitis.. thank you though, ill definitely take the flu over the big m any day (though id rather not have any of it at all)

BlueIris
02-05-19, 08:29
Hope you feel better soon!