PDA

View Full Version : Hot Flushes

suemarieee
03-05-19, 22:04
Hi

Just wondering if anyone gets hot flushes and if its anxiety or something else. I'm 37 female and theyve been really bad recently. I've had them particularly bad at work. my face and chest go so hot and I go sweaty and my face goes red it's really horrible and makes me really anxious. it also sometimes happens at night and keeps me awake. i usually feel anxiety when it happens but I cant work out which causes which. I wonder if it could be anxiety or citalopram which I started 8 weeks ago or hormones. it's really horrible and makes me feel quite unwell at work and very anxious

WiredIncorrectly
03-05-19, 23:39
Hi

Just wondering if anyone gets hot flushes and if its anxiety or something else. I'm 37 female and theyve been really bad recently. I've had them particularly bad at work. my face and chest go so hot and I go sweaty and my face goes red it's really horrible and makes me really anxious. it also sometimes happens at night and keeps me awake. i usually feel anxiety when it happens but I cant work out which causes which. I wonder if it could be anxiety or citalopram which I started 8 weeks ago or hormones. it's really horrible and makes me feel quite unwell at work and very anxious

I believe so. I've had this too recently. Suddenly feel neck, face, head and chest go very hot. Feels hot to touch too. And lots of sweating. You on medications?

nomorepanic
03-05-19, 23:48
could be hormonal as well - we have no idea of knowing,

suemarieee
04-05-19, 18:49
I'm just on citalopram 20mg which I started about 8 wks ago