PDA

View Full Version : Vision snow? I’m so scared

Kitkat99
06-05-19, 11:01
So last night I was googling about floaters, I just wanted to get some info to copy and paste onto another forum to some who was worried about them. However I ended up accidentally clicking on vision snow forum, and before I realised what I was doing I’d read the whole thing.

I noticed my vision snow a few years back when I read about it, All though thinking about it I can’t remember not having it so I might of had it all my life. It pretty mild for me, mostly just a little annoying but most the time I don’t even think about, and seem to ignore it. However on this forum I was reading posts of people who have it really bad to the point they can hardly see and a lot of them said it got worse over time.

Of course now I’m terrified mine will get worse and soon I won’t be able to see. I had barely any sleep last night thinking about it and now I have a huge headache. I really don’t know how I’m gunna get over this.

BlueIris
06-05-19, 11:43
I suffer from this myself (along with floaters, and aura migraines), and my experience is that the more you think about it, the more you notice it.

Work on relaxing - these cases are incredibly rare.

Kitkat99
06-05-19, 13:47
Yeah If I’m not thinking about it then I don’t really notice. Although I just read another scary thing that has set me off again about vision snow leading to schizophrenia, and now I’m terrified again, so sick of this.

BlueIris
06-05-19, 13:49
This seems really unlikely. Stop reading about stuff and do something fun instead, maybe?

Kitkat99
06-05-19, 14:17
Yeah I’m trying to do other stuff but it is constantly in the back of my mind and I keep breaking down into tears over it.

BlueIris
06-05-19, 14:29
You just have to wait it out. What do you normally enjoy doing?

Kitkat99
06-05-19, 14:43
I normally just watch tv or play video games, I started watching a new show so that’s helping a bit.

BlueIris
06-05-19, 14:53
Excellent, which one?

Do you have an Xbox One? I'm re-playing FFXII right now and it's a joy.

Fishmanpa
06-05-19, 15:50
If I’m not thinking about it then I don’t really notice.

This is it in a nutshell. With the majority of symptoms and fears here, its a hyper-focus thing. Everyone has bodily noise. The vast majority of people just tune it out. HAers have difficulty with that. Distraction and just getting on with life is key.

Positive thoughts

Kitkat99
06-05-19, 16:05
Excellent, which one?

Do you have an Xbox One? I'm re-playing FFXII right now and it's a joy.

It’s a new comedy show about ghosts that haunt this house. And yeah I have Xbox one, haven’t been playing anything recently tho.

BlueIris
06-05-19, 16:08
I've seen that one, it's really cute :)

Kitkat99
06-05-19, 16:08
This is it in a nutshell. With the majority of symptoms and fears here, its a hyper-focus thing. Everyone has bodily noise. The vast majority of people just tune it out. HAers have difficulty with that. Distraction and just getting on with life is key.

Positive thoughts

I would like to believe this but when I ask people if they see it and get them to look for it they say they don’t know what I’m talking about. Surely if it was a normal bodily noise thing everyone would see it when looking for it no matter how minute?

Everywhere I read people say no amount of vision snow is normal at all. It’s surprising to me as I’ve had it my whole life. I did however show my mum a gif example of it, and she was like “everyone gets that” but she said she only sees it in the dark...

Fishmanpa
06-05-19, 16:26
I would like to believe this but when I ask people if they see it and get them to look for it they say they don’t know what I’m talking about.....

I did however show my mum a gif example of it, and she was like “everyone gets that” but she said she only sees it in the dark...

You contradicted yourself and I assure you, everyone has some type of bodily noise they can affirm when focusing on it.

Regardless, its not harmful. I'm sorry you're struggling. I hope you find relief.

Positive thoughts

Shadowhawk
06-05-19, 17:23
I would like to believe this but when I ask people if they see it and get them to look for it they say they don’t know what I’m talking about. Surely if it was a normal bodily noise thing everyone would see it when looking for it no matter how minute?

Everywhere I read people say no amount of vision snow is normal at all. It’s surprising to me as I’ve had it my whole life. I did however show my mum a gif example of it, and she was like “everyone gets that” but she said she only sees it in the dark...

Not sure it helps, but i am a chronic migraine sufferer (have been since i was little, same with my sister), and i have had the snow as long as i can remember. It can be worse at times, but i definately see it in the day if i focus on it.

As for my mental health, at least 8 of the 10 voices in my head say i am not schizophrenic, so i should be good there....

... (Please laugh)...

:)

But serious, while it is a poorly understood "condition", by no means is it anything serious, and certainly not an indication you are going to have severe issues. I know its easy for us HA people to worry too easily, but don't sweat this one. AND STOP GOOGLING!!!!

BlueIris
06-05-19, 17:33
Exactly, Shadowhawk. I can definitely see mine right now if I look for it, but why look for it?

Kitkat99
06-05-19, 18:03
Yeah I know I need to stop googling, it’s not something I really do anymore but I still come across things by “accident” like yesterday I was googling autism because I highly suspect I have it (not a HA thing, it would make sense and give me some answers) and in related conditions was epilepsy and EDS which are both worries for me. I spent all yesterday obsessing about that and now of course it doesn’t seem like a big deal compared to this.

It’s just once I read something I don’t like I get it into my head that it will happen to me. Like I saw “vision snow leads to psychosis” and freaked out about that while completely ignoring the highly upvoted paragraph above it where some one said theirs went away after they stopped being anxious about it.

Yeah I definitely need to work on my self. No more googling about vision snow from now on.

SnowyGreen
07-05-19, 04:13
'

LF87
07-05-19, 09:59
I get it too. I think most people have floaty snowy black things, we just focus on them and panic. Mine is worse if I'm tired. I also love my xbox one, have you played red dead redemption 2 yet? So fun!

SnowyGreen
07-05-19, 23:12
I get it too. I think most people have floaty snowy black things, we just focus on them and panic. Mine is worse if I'm tired. I also love my xbox one, have you played red dead redemption 2 yet? So fun!

Red dead 2 is freaking awesome. Love the whole rdr series.

mcjns
07-05-19, 23:45
Interesting. Recently I have been getting more headaches and noticing eye floaters that I had never noticed before. I'm sure the headaches are just sinus headaches but it's good to know other people have these eye floater problems. I personally think I'm getting them from spending too much time in front of a computer at work and then at home. Or could just be age I guess.

Brian_VA
08-05-19, 00:36
I've had anxiety about vision for the last few months. Started with high eye pressure at an exam then my anxiety went through the roof. I've always had floaters but now I notice them way more. Then about a week after my eye exam (which the Dr said was great) I noticed this dot thing in my vision that I notice sometimes when I look at a bright white background or if I look at the sky and blink. I'm pretty sure it was there when I went for my exam. I'm thinking I've always had it but now I always look for it.