PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted

KatieJayne
06-05-19, 13:28
Hello... I’ve suffered from anxiety for many years, but a pregnancy loss in August has absolutely spiked my health anxiety.

In a nut shell, I have been suffering with vaginal thrush for 4 months and no amount of anti fungal seems to be helping me.

Now the facts - this started after a course of three different antibiotics over three weeks (end of January/beginning of February). These clearly wiped out my good bacteria.

The health anxiety - the reason I can’t get better is, according to google, because I must have HIV.

The facts again - I have been with my partner for 16 years. We met at 16. We have only ever been with each other. Neither of us have ever taken (or injected) drugs.

The health anxiety - I’ve had lots of internal examinations due to the pregnancy loss. Once in a busy A&E department and I’ve got it into my head that I contracted HIV here. In the A&E instance I was on a bed that wasn’t covered with a sheet. And this is what’s triggering me. I’ve also got swollen glands on and off.

I’m driving myself mad. I know the equipment would have been sterile, I know why I’ve got thrush, but I cannot stop this horrible anxiety beast rising.

I have a GP appointment on Wednesday as I’m aware that I’m mentally struggling and want to try and SSRI again...

This health anxiety is tough isn’t it :(

Phuzella
09-05-19, 20:09
How did you get on at the GP?

KatieJayne
09-05-19, 21:26
Sertaline 50mg and then back in two weeks. Plus another swab to check the strain of Candida to see if they can try different medication.

fidgetninja
09-05-19, 22:15
First off, I’m so sorry for your loss. I too experienced a pregnancy loss a few years ago, and if it makes you feel any better I also suffered from the same candida issues and they took awhile to go away. Hopefully they’ll sort it out soon!

Scass
10-05-19, 05:03
So sorry for your loss, it really sounds like you’ve been going through a tough time.

Silly question but has your partner been treated for thrush too?
You could try some probiotics too? The good stuff is expensive but they do lots of Candida specific ones.

You wrote how you had 3 lots of antibiotics, well there’s your answer, not hiv. Good luck with the pills, I hope you start to see an improvement soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight-mouse
10-05-19, 08:04
I agree, it’s the antibiotic and also it’s quite common to get thrush with big hormonal changes so that’s a possibility too.

I can’t even look at antibiotics without getting thrush these days so it’s really not uncommon.

I’m sorry for your loss, with the changes in hormones and the grief you’ve been feeling it’s not surprising that you’ve had an increase in anxiety I’m glad you’re doing what you need in order to feel better.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatieJayne
10-05-19, 15:52
I’m sorry to hear about your loss too. It is reassuring somewhat to hear that you also had thrush issues...it really is relentless 😢

KatieJayne
10-05-19, 15:53
Thank you all - these are very lovely replies. I really want to move on but my body doesn’t seem to be letting me, and then neither does my mind! 2 days on sertaline now - quite a bit of nausea so far!