PDA

View Full Version : I Accidentally Took My Hypothyroid Medication Twice What Will Happen?

mischamoonlight
07-05-19, 18:41
I was reaching for my 10mg of Propranolol to, but then when I looked at the package, I'd accidentally picked up my Eltroxin for my Hypothyroid medication 50mg dose.

I've kind of set myself into a hysterical panic now, because I've taken a double dose of my thyroid medication, and I don't know what it will do?

What will happen with this extra dose?

And when should I now take my 10mg of Propranolol, its for my anxiety.

I'm 31 by the way, no other health disorders that I'm aware of, just Hypothyroid and suffer from severe health anxiety.

nomorepanic
07-05-19, 18:46
I would call the professionals and ask for advice - do you have 111 that you can call?

mischamoonlight
07-05-19, 18:59
I'm doing that also.

mischamoonlight
07-05-19, 19:30
I was put through to the nurse on the emergency line, she will have a doctor call me back but could be waiting an hour or two before the doctor rings back.

I explained, I accidentally took an extra 50mg of my Eltroxin dose, and she said it should be okay, and to maybe skip tomorrow's dose but she is getting a doctor to ring back because they'll know best.

So I'm still quite anxious and stressed, I'm shaking from the fright I got. I haven't taken my 10mg of Propranolol in case it interferes with the extra dose I accidentally took of my Eltroxin medication.

nomorepanic
07-05-19, 19:41
Well they know best so see what they say

mischamoonlight
07-05-19, 19:42
Update: the doctor rang me back, and said the extra dose is fine, it's in micrograms, so it's okay because it was only one extra dose and return to taking it normally tomorrow.

I'm still shaking from the fright with the panic.

nomorepanic
07-05-19, 19:53
You will be ok - just calm down and realise you are fine

mischamoonlight
07-05-19, 20:34
I know, I'm just really panicky at the moment and because I wasn't paying attention and that's how I took the extra dose instead of my 10mg of Propranolol. That's what anxiety and lack of concentration (little sleep) does.