PDA

View Full Version : feeling unwell

seh1980
18-01-05, 17:57
hello everyone,

Was just wondering if any of you could give me some advice. I have been feeling a little unwell for the past few days. I have had a headache, a slight fever and have felt extremely jittery. The dosage of my medication was reduced about 2 weeks ago. I was on 10mg of cipralex and am now down to 5mg. I felt fine for the first 2 weeks and am now feeling like this. Could the way I feel be due to the lowering of my meds, even after all this time? Have any of you had any experience coming off cipralex? Thanks.

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
18-01-05, 18:10
Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit unwell mate.

It could be the reduction in meds and the body getting used to it but I have no real knowledge about reducing the dosage for Cipralex and what to expect.

Sorry I am not much help but just wanted to send you my thoughts and hope you feel better soon.

I am sure some others that have been on this med and since come off it will offer you some advice.

Hope you feel better soon though

xx

Nicola

nomorepanic
18-01-05, 18:17
Sarah

Found this - not sure if it helps or not.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=422696

Nicola

Karen
18-01-05, 18:28
Hi Sarah

Sorry you're not feeling too good. I can't help with your question either but I hope you feel better soon.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
18-01-05, 20:24
Hi Sarah

Sorry I don't have any advice on the meds,
Maybe you might have one of them bugs going round?
I'm sending you A BIG HUG and hope you
are feeling better soon.

LOVE JILLXX

Meg
18-01-05, 22:31
HI Sarah,

The headache and jitterines could be as a result of lowring zour dose. Zou could try staying on that dose at least an extra week and taking it down slower and gently and see if the symptoms subside.

It could just be a virus and as you've got a fever, you're feeling more jittery...

Hope its easing now ..

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Sarah-Jane
18-01-05, 22:36
Sorry you are feeling unwell, hopefully you will be feeling much better soon. Its a ****ty time of the year for bad weather and all which doesnt make us feel good anyway. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

seh1980
18-01-05, 22:39
hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your kind words and support. I have had an earache today so I'm hoping that I have caught one of those bugs that are going around. Had a Japanese class tonight and had to leave early cos one of the lights was flickering loads and it really freaked me out (I have had an epileptic seizure and am terrified of having another one). Guess I am just really jittery on the whole but hope that it will soon pass...

sal
19-01-05, 01:13
Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear you arent feeling too good hon. Could be the meds but how you described you are feeling is just how Sam has been for the last 6 days. Doctors says its a virus going around, so sounds just like that.

I am off work at moment as Sam is off school so give us a call and we will call over to see you.

Take care.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
19-01-05, 09:34
Hi Sarah

Hope you are feeling better,sounds like a virus to me. Sorry, can't be of any help with the cipralex I only lasted 4 days on them !!!

Take care chuck

Elaine x

seh1980
21-01-05, 19:31
hello guys and gals,

Thanks a lot for your replies. Well, I am feeling much, much better so I guess that I just had a bug that was making me feel unwell for a few days. I now feel like my old self again - yeah!!

Karen
21-01-05, 21:03
Great news Sarah. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
21-01-05, 22:36
Hi Sarah

Was great to see you and Ed and living so close and me working even closer we should make more effort to see each other when we can.

Watched Briget Jones and it was great so will drop it off back to you soon.

Sam is totally wanting a cat like Jim but have told her with me working it wouldnt be fair so guess she will keep wanting to visit Jim.

Will call you from work over the weekend to see how you both are.

And thanks for letting me come round the other day, i really needed to talk and you both helped me loads.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
22-01-05, 10:44
hi Sal,

Thanks for the post!! It was great to see you and Sam and like you say, we should do it more often!! Tell Sam that she can comse see Jim whenever she wants :) Hopefully, he will be in more of a playful mood next time the lazy little bugger...

lainey
22-01-05, 12:06
Hi Sarah

Glad to hear you are feeling a lot better, you sound a lot better.
Off to the Tsunami Relief Concert at the Millennium Stadium in 2 hours with hubby and the kids, really looking forward to it, will let you all know how it went.

Take care, love to Ed, how is he?

Love Elaine x

seh1980
22-01-05, 18:28
hi Lainey,

Hope you have a good time at the concert!! We will be watching it on tv lol

Ed is doing a lot better - he has been on his meds for almost four months now and they really seem to be helping.

Take care hun.

nomorepanic
22-01-05, 18:49
Sarah

I am glad you are feeling better now. Maybe it was a bug after all.

Nicola

sal
22-01-05, 22:28
Hi Sarah

not sure if you will be in tomorrow but if get a minute will give you a call from work as i will have to drop Bridget Jones of so you and Ed can watch it.

Was great to see you both and you both seemed to be doing great, also helped me as was having a bad day.

Hopefully Jim will be more active next time, but maybe not!!!!

Talk tomorrow and will tell you all about work YUK LOL

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
22-01-05, 22:59
Sounds good Sal - see you tomorrow hopefully! We will be popping out for a bit but should be home most of the day. :D

Sarah-Jane
23-01-05, 17:14
wow i wish i had gone to the concert it bet it was great fun, i bloody missed it on tv too did anyone record it????

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

vernon
23-01-05, 18:51
glad u feel better sarah, u have done so well

kate
23-01-05, 19:50
Pleased to see you are feeling better, Sarah! [^]

Love Kate x