PDA

View Full Version : Itchy mole

MrLurcher
07-05-19, 22:46
Well I was hoping I'd get some respite from HA after my 4 month long obsession with my bowels and cancer/IBD fears.

However, I've now got another worry - and itchy mole. I've always had the mole, it's on the left side of my back around the kidney area. It's like a round/oval 5mm x 3mm shape, a little bit fleshy, with smooth edges. One hair growing out of it.

A few weeks ago I noticed the area was itchy - not the mole itself exactly. I was worried it was the mole, but after looking a few times there was like an insect bite or something close by which was itchy.

I still get an itch there sometimes, and I'm worried about cancer because itchy moles are often a sign. It doesn't look or feel any different than it did years ago. My mums cousin, a nurse, looked at it years ago and said it was fine, but I'm worried right now. And typically, in HA trigger fashion, there was an article on a news site about some young girl who had melanoma on her face and I haven't seen a single article on melanoma on there for months!

It's probably easier if I just get the doc to check it out, but again, I don't want to continue this cycle.

Fishmanpa
07-05-19, 22:48
Can I ask how an admitted insect bite turns into cancer? C'mon man... stop this one yourself. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to go down the rabbit hole with this :lac:

Positive thoughts

MrLurcher
07-05-19, 22:50
I'm not saying that an insect bite can turn into cancer, I do have an actual mole in the same area, and have itchiness in that area - after the insect bite or whatever it was.

You are right though, I can try and stop this myself.

pulisa
08-05-19, 08:40
I'm not saying that an insect bite can turn into cancer, I do have an actual mole in the same area, and have itchiness in that area - after the insect bite or whatever it was.

You are right though, I can try and stop this myself.

You know how untreated HA works, Mr Lurcher. You can stop this now. Insect bites are itchy. There is no need to take things further.

BlueIris
08-05-19, 09:01
Stay strong, Mr. L - this really isn't a big deal.

jojo2316
09-05-19, 18:12
Oh hi Mr L-
i was thinking about you today, wondering if your HA had calmed down. I guess this is my answer!!