PDA

View Full Version : Don’t think I’m overreacting on this one?

unicorndusy
07-05-19, 22:55
Hi everyone,

Long time no see. My anxiety has been a lot better over the past year and I’ve accepted all my aches and pains for what they are. However, the past week has been really weird for me. Basically last month I had a mild bout of a bladder infection that was easily cleared up by anti biotics. Took them, got better and moved on. However, the past few days I’ve noticed the burning feeling when finishing urinating again and today I thought it was getting better. Now tonight, I went out wearing boots that were slightly high (they are about 2-3 inches) and I suddenly felt this pain in the middle right hand side of my back. It’s like a constant ache there which is relieved a bit by lying down or moving it. I’m concerned it might be my kidneys because of the burning pain I’ve been having but since I felt like it was getting better I didn’t think to go to the doctors? Never felt pain like this in this area before so quite nervous. Any one had anything similar?

nomorepanic
07-05-19, 23:01
I would see how it goes over the next few days and don't wear the boots

Js2019
08-05-19, 01:12
Maybe try taking over the counter azo and see if it helps the burning. If the back pain doesn’t go away I would get checked I had a kidney infection before and it’s better to get it treated than wait

Carys
08-05-19, 05:11
Any one had anything similar?

Yes !!!!!! The first time I had it was when I was 14 years old, can recall when it first happened - I was stood in the school hall and it terrified me as was really painful. I am now nearing 51 and still this pain that happens very erratically in the area of my right hand lower back (what I think must be kidney are) takes me by surprise and shocks me when it happens. For many years I presumed it was something wrong with my kidneys, as the area seemed the same and it felt very deep inside and it was/is a VERY intense sharp stabbing burning pain. It is set off maybe once or twice a year, (maybe more, maybe less) only and usually it comes and goes very quickly, the longest it lasts is a morning on and off ,the shortest it lasts is minutes. Nothing wrong with my kidneys and never has been that I know....so after decades of it happening I can only presume it is some deep muscular/trapped nerve/posture type of thing going on.

Saying all that....I didn't have a bladder infection around the same time, and this pain is a new thing to you. I think you need to perhaps get your urine tested again to make sure that it HAS definitely all cleared up with the anti-biotics and monitor the pain. You sound pretty grounded in your approach to health concerns nowadays, so no harm in one visit to the GP is there if you genuinely have symptoms and feel concerned. It would be easy for you to presume that you have the same as I have, and more comfortable in many ways, but the human body is a complex thing and one pain may sound like another ...but isn't from the same root cause. I tell you my painful kidney area story just to remind you not to freak out, as there are some odd pains which are just 'unexplained', but ruling other things out is important too. :yesyes:

SnowyGreen
08-05-19, 05:51
'