PDA

View Full Version : Does fighting it make it worse?

mcray1981
08-05-19, 14:09
Hey,

I'm going through some anxiety at the moment and am actively trying to just live with the worry, the dread, the what if thoughts etc rather than make any attempt to make myself better (although posting here may be a look for reassurance). There are things I can do to "fix" the anxiety - make it go away right now and feel the relief that its gone but my thinking is that is just a quick fix and avoiding the situation.

I think the only thing to do is to just steel myself and let it stay - get used to it - diminish it - belittle it.

Any thoughts? Opinions?

Sunnydelight
08-05-19, 14:31
Accepting and not fighting it is supposed to reduce it but it’s hard work to maintain but yes that’s the way to do it x

Fishmanpa
08-05-19, 15:12
Just from observation, its best to pick your battles with the dragon. Think of it like a boxing match. You play defense to prevent being knocked out, may take a few punched now and again, but when you see an opening, go for it and land a few yourself. Eventually, you'll put the dragon in its place ;)

Positive thoughts

mcray1981
10-05-19, 08:45
Yeah I feel like I may have picked the wrong one. Completely overwhelming me and I'm just clinging on for dear life. If you read the I hate anxiety post in this forum you can see whats going on.