PDA

View Full Version : Flu twice last 4 months and mind going to bad place

4bready
09-05-19, 20:26
Hi guys
I had flu back in February, actually didn't get me too bad but did linger. After that I started with facial tightness, pressure, tension headaches, off balance feeling for months (had ALS, MS, brain tumor scare...which I posted about)...Then had back injury took prednisone last 6 days and then....Well yesterday fever hit me out of blue...I went and got tested this am and was + for flu...I am not freaking out (I'm truly not, I'm trying to work on my awareness and start to see the start of a rabbit hole) but that little voice in my head is saying "thats 2 times I have had flu in last 4 months, that must mean my immune system is declining...coupled with facial pressure, tension headaches...I must have leuekemia, lymphoma or some tumor" I hate it guys I don't want to go down that path...But my mind is saying, my body is weak from underlying disease and that fear is starting and I am trying to stop myself. Who gets flu 2x? I feel like it means my immunity is declining...I think I'm healthy, I crossfit frequently, have good vitals, weight, eat fairly well...:(
Sorry guys just trying to prevent a self-administered meltdown

venusbluejeans
09-05-19, 21:02
I get ill loads, it is just how it goes sometimes... with me it is because I am around lots of people with my work so I come across all sorts of different germs.

after having this bout of flu, you may go ages without being ill again or it may be a few months...everyone is different, it is just how it goes.

ErinKC
10-05-19, 03:33
It's awful luck, but it's totally possible to get the flu twice in one season since there are multiple strains!

4bready
10-05-19, 12:56
Hi guys
I had flu back in February, actually didn't get me too bad but did linger. After that I started with facial tightness, pressure, tension headaches, off balance feeling for months (had ALS, MS, brain tumor scare...which I posted about)...Then had back injury took prednisone last 6 days and then....Well yesterday fever hit me out of blue...I went and got tested this am and was + for flu...I am not freaking out (I'm truly not, I'm trying to work on my awareness and start to see the start of a rabbit hole) but that little voice in my head is saying "thats 2 times I have had flu in last 4 months, that must mean my immune system is declining...coupled with facial pressure, tension headaches...I must have leuekemia, lymphoma or some tumor" I hate it guys I don't want to go down that path...But my mind is saying, my body is weak from underlying disease and that fear is starting and I am trying to stop myself. Who gets flu 2x? I feel like it means my immunity is declining...I think I'm healthy, I crossfit frequently, have good vitals, weight, eat fairly well...:(
Sorry guys just trying to prevent a self-administered meltdown

I think the worst part is I have soar throat on left side of throat...I didn't know you can get that with flu :(
-Here is where my anxious mind goes (I read a while back during a fear of throat cancer that pain on one side and ear pain) doc asked if my ear hurt so my brain started going there...however, I told myself he's asking a question and "I am not a mind reader"...Just trying to use some skills to help with HA. :)

BlueIris
10-05-19, 13:06
For what it's worth, I get one-sided sore throats on a regular basis - certainly a few times a year, probably even most months. I suffer from sore throats a lot in general and I always have so I've never bothered getting it checked out, and nothing bad's ever happened.

4bready
12-05-19, 09:08
Hi folks
I was recently diagnosed with flu for second time (Wednesday). Well, I am feeling better except for my throat. My left tonsil and left side of my throat was irritated/red when I went to doctor. They put me on doxycycline Thiursday morning and my throat still hurts pretty bad. They swabbed for strep and it was negative. My nodes in neck specifically on left side around jaw and back of next are tender to touch. For the past fw months I had issues of face/cheek pressure in sinus area and jaw. Well I am panicking bc I think its throat, jaw, or maybe some esophageal cancer. This is really scaring me guys. I am sorry. I thought I would be getting better with antibiotics but throat is not.

whispershadow
12-05-19, 13:58
It takes time for antibiotics to work :hugs:

If your throat still feels bad in a few days i'd advise seeing the doctor again :hugs:

Elen
12-05-19, 19:59
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen