PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumor Fears

gflanagan86
10-05-19, 01:40
Hello all!

Back again on the health anxiety train. I had a great run for a while but here I am!

My mother was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer that has metastasized to the brain. This is brand new she was diagnosed 3.5 weeks ago. Since then I have been in a tailspin!!!!!

I am stressed like my body has never felt and all the crying, anxiety and tension has caused insane head feelings. I can not shake the fear of a tumor. I know it is completely ridiculous and these symptoms popped up as soon and she was diagnosed but I can’t seem to stop myself when I feel it.

I am feeling the following

Right temple pressure
Right head pressure
Random jabs of pain obv the right side of my head
Neck pain
Right cheek pain
Right jaw pain

The pressure I feel in my head will come and go but when it comes on I get so scared I want to scream for help!!!

Please any words to help me get through this?? I need to focus on my mom not these fears.

always scared
10-05-19, 03:10
I am so very sorry about your mom. My son was diagnosed with a brain tumor so I know what you're going through . But you don't have a brain tumor. You are going through a lot off stress right now and what you're describing is a stress headache. I get them all the time

jojo2316
10-05-19, 08:58
I’m so so sorry about your mum. You must be terrified and devastated. You don’t have a brain tumour- you have stress and anxiety. Of course you do!

gflanagan86
10-05-19, 22:32
Hello all,

I have been having head pressure for about 2 weeks now. My mother was recently diagnosed with lung cancer that spread to her brain. The stress and anxiety I feel is like nothing I have ever felt.

Naturally headaches would come along with this! But what I am feeling is scaring me so much. It’s a constant pressure like any brain is swollen. It’s mostly on the right side but will feel like the full head at times. Also feeling the following-

Jaw pain
Facial pain/pressure
Very bad neck pain

My neck is so stiff that when I look down it makes my head feel the pressure even stronger.

Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this. I’m so scared

nomorepanic
10-05-19, 23:08
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.